March concurrence questions (DA)
March 18th - Compassion of the Blessed Virgin Mary
March 19th - St. Joseph
March 20th - Palm Sunday

From using the concurrence table, I come up with the following:
Vespers of March 18th - I Vespers of St. Joseph, no commemorations
Vespers of March 19th - II Vespers of St Joseph, comm. of Palm Sunday

Is that correct?
On the 18th, you have a commemoration of II Vespers of the Sorrows and of the Lenten feria.

You are correct on the 19th.
The Seven Sorrows is a Greater Double, which is not commemorated on a I Class Double, so only the Feria is commemorated at I Vespers of St Joseph. Only a privileged day, a Sunday, or a I or II class Double is commemorated at I Vespers of a I Class Double; nothing is said of lesser Feasts.
For some reason I was thinking Seven Sorrows was Double II Class.
(03-06-2016, 10:54 PM)aquinas138 Wrote: For some reason I was thinking Seven Sorrows was Double II Class.

According to the Kalendar in the Anglican Breviary, these are two separate feasts. The Seven Sorrows is a II Class Double on Sept. 15, and the Compassion of the BMV is a Greater Double on the Friday after Passion Sunday.
(03-07-2016, 12:19 PM)incorrigable Wrote:
(03-06-2016, 10:54 PM)aquinas138 Wrote: For some reason I was thinking Seven Sorrows was Double II Class.

According to the Kalendar in the Anglican Breviary, these are two separate feasts. The Seven Sorrows is a II Class Double on Sept. 15, and the Compassion of the BMV is a Greater Double on the Friday after Passion Sunday.

On the Roman Calendar before 1960, the Seven Sorrows is on both days, but I see that they are of different ranks.
(03-07-2016, 09:22 PM)aquinas138 Wrote: On the Roman Calendar before 1960, the Seven Sorrows is on both days, but I see that they are of different ranks.

Also completely different Offices.