Those Who Should Speak Remain Silent
http://www.onepeterfive.com/1p5-podcast-...in-silent/
The faithful clergy do not speak out publicly because, if they were to do so, they would risk being removed from their dioceses/parishes and the souls entrusted to them might be endangered by unfaithful clergy.  They do, however, express their thoughts willingly and freely to those they trust- both to those they go to for guidance and to those who go to them for guidance.  Bloggers and the like are more likely to speak more freely about what is going on because the clergy are less able to retaliate against them.

Faithful clergy who speak out might not be allowed to preach, hear confessions, or give spiritual direction. They might not be pastors, but rather associates whose pastors and parishioners would make their lives miserable.  Although it sounds noble to "take one for the team" for the sake of truth, it would not be good for faithful lay Catholics to be left without faithful clergy or for unfaithful ones to be left without faithful clergy to call them back to God.  I've been there before, and I don't want to be there again.

Those who should speak out should not do so unless there's really no choice but to do so and accept the retaliation against them.

I have a lot of respect for the work they do at OnePeterFive, and I especially appreciate that they are open about their frustrations. They help remind others that they aren't alone.
(03-18-2016, 03:26 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: The faithful clergy do not speak out publicly because.."
Full stop. That is not faithful clergy.
I was thinking exactly the same thing, ie that you ARE NOT  a faithful priest etc. unless you are totally dedicated in carrying out  your duty to God for saving souls at any personal cost  PERIOD.  No one who hides behind fear of men and waters down  the Truth is actually worthy to be part of the clergy.  So as we look around the Novus Ordo Church in particular it is easy to see what a totally faithless wimpy organization it has become. 
Even the guys from the Remnant agree that we cannot expect every priest to be as vocal as the laity can be. Its simply a matter of strategy, not cowardice. And its not « working within the system » as some conservatives think they can do, but in the end are swallowed up by the diabolical forces of liberalism, to one degree or another (like, in my opinion, the priests who are afraid of praying the TLM).

What is discouraging is that we see no sign of what Skojec asked for, en passant, viz., a network of counter-revolutionary clergy and theologians. Besides the books published around the Synod (which was no shabby work) we see no evidence of an organized movement—let's call it a traditional movement. Traditionalists seem dispersed and seem to be already too accommodated to the current climate.

But I don't know. Maybe they are just super in keeping secret. Maybe they have some leader for the next conclave (we know the liberals already have their eyes on Tagle, so please, Cardinals, don't be dispersed).

We have to get busy with rosary campaigns, prayer groups, days of fasting, and repentence.
I think really the whole Vatican II everything that was certain is now the opposite of what you thought and were taught, because we're going "pastoral" style now (aka we can rationalize literally anything that was once condemned and guess what you are schismatic if you notice this absurdity) is so overwhelming intellectually, spirituality, and emotionally that most clergy can not will themselves to make any or much of a vocal resistance.

Our Church is inherently hierarchical . Archbishop Lefebvre gave a near sublime, heroic example to Paul VI and JP II, pleading with them to wake up . JP II waved him off to instead gather together with demon worshippers encouraging them to invoke their "gods" for "peace" in st Francis of Assisis hometown.

You really just have to shrug your shoulders after that shock. Who else is there to appeal to? One can only wait for God to bring His Justice and sort everything out.

This crisis is so unprecedented that how to proceed was not really conceived by pre Vatican II theologians. Unless one takes the sedevacante position, the course of action is not black and white, and contributes to a sort of paralysis that tends toward a more comfortable, secure state.

The SSPX even has stopped speaking out as much as it once did, for whatever reason.

The Novus Ordo Seclorum train stops for no Catholic.

(03-18-2016, 05:09 PM)Truecharity Wrote:
(03-18-2016, 03:26 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: The faithful clergy do not speak out publicly because.."
Full stop. That is not faithful clergy.

They need to know how to be discreet.  They can be both discreet and effective.  Those who are willing to get close to them will know where they really stand and will find in those faithful priests true pastors who will guide their souls toward heaven.  If the priests don't know when to be quiet, they'll be removed from their parishes.  They'll be sent to parishes on the outskirts, bogged down in pointless chancery bureaucracy work so they can't do much else, or worst of all assigned as associate pastors under bad priests who will undermine their efforts.  They may even be tricked into compromising positions that will jeopardize their ministry, even though they are innocent.  I saw all these things happen to priests in my diocese years ago, before things started getting better here.  I also didn't hear my former bishop's friends speak publicly in defense of him and when I asked about it I was told they were advised to keep quiet in case the next bishop wasn't so good.  These priests who were silent were not weak men.  In fact, a few of my favorites of them tend to be a little too bold sometimes and they get themselves into trouble.

Good priests must not give up and cave to the pressure.  They should, however, show some prudence, pray, and bide their time.  The heretics who created this mess were willing to tow the party line and pretend to love something they hated and spread their hatred in secret.  As we can see, that game worked well.  It can also be used by the good side when the establishment is bad.  People have to learn to be sneaky.  The faithful, but too-bold 28-year-old up-and-coming pastor will find himself in a desk job in the chancery or sent to some far-flung parish where 90% of the population are cattle and most of the remaining 10% are baptists if he doesn't learn when to speak and when to be quiet.