Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too!
(03-24-2016, 02:55 PM)knish Wrote:
(03-24-2016, 02:32 PM)ermy_law Wrote: I was surprised to see that three Orthodox will take part in this ritual. My understanding is that their participation more than likely could result in their excommunication from the Orthodox Church.

I wish the pope wouldn't abuse the liturgy, but it's the Novus Ordo: what're you gonna do about it? My family and I will be at the local SSPX Mass tonight.
I wish my SSPX chapel was offering Holy Week Masses. Sadly, the priest serves 4 parishes in 3 states, and simply can't make it. God Bless him.

I am sorry to hear that. Last year at this time, we had to drive 6 hours round trip and pay for a hotel for a few days to attend the Traditional Rites of Holy Week. Thankfully, this year, God answered our prayers and we were able to move to a city with three traditional parishes!
(03-24-2016, 12:50 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: (snip)

You said you were held on to voluntarism earlier. Now you say you first have a notion of God (I mean, not only the good was presented to you but you even know the history of the deity with us and that He is Trinity !). uWhy don't you admit you were wrong earlier ?

I have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about. I never said I "[was] held on to voluntarism earlier" and have no idea what that sentence means. I have no idea what you're referring to when you say I "first [had] a notion of God.. not only the good was presented to [me] but [ I ] even know the history of the deity with us and that He is Trinity." You're making zero sense here. And I reiterate my question: if God tells you to do something, is that or is that not reason enough to do it?

Anyone remember that one cartoon on WB? The Ecumaniacs?

It's time for Ecumaniacs
We dialogue to the max
So just sit back and relax
You'll face-palm 'til you collapse
We're ecuman-iacs

Oh wait, it was Animaniacs, that's right.

(03-24-2016, 03:23 PM)ermy_law Wrote: I am sorry to hear that. Last year at this time, we had to drive 6 hours round trip and pay for a hotel for a few days to attend the Traditional Rites of Holy Week. Thankfully, this year, God answered our prayers and we were able to move to a city with three traditional parishes!

Gosh, that is such beautiful devotion and dedication. Gorgeous! But I'm soooo glad you've now got access to THREE trad parishes! Deo gratias!