Miraculous Medals and St. Benedict Medals
I don't know why, but I always find fascinating the testimonies of those who experienced God's grace through the use of sacramentals, particularly the Miraculous Medal and St. Benedict medals. Based on some stuff I've read, they're both instrumental in the conversion of many, healings, protection in time of danger, and as shields against the diabolical. Both the Association of the Miraculous Medal and the Central Association of the Miraculous Medal are always getting testimonials of those who were greatly aided by Our Lady's intercession and the MMs. Personally I don't have such a story to tell...yet, but I keep a good number of both medals, blessed of course, in time of need. The MMs I try to use as instruments of conversion.

So, fellow fishies, do any of you have personal experiences that you would like to share?
The SBM has an exorcism associated with the blessing, and the monogram on the back of it has something in Latin about banishing Satan. In the old rite the prayers are extremely explicit about casting out the devil,or in asking for something very concrete from any particular blessing.  Many sacramentals do not have an exorcism attached. I think this is why the SBM is so powerful.

I used to have bags of them blessed. I love them, although I gave most of them away, having attached them to the cord knot rosaries I used to make.

I have never used the Miraculous Medal, but I've heard plenty of good things about it. Father Hardon once mentioned how it miraculously destroyed a brain tumor or something like that. I'm sure you can find stories.
(03-20-2016, 12:36 AM)TradCathYouth Wrote: I don't know why, but I always find fascinating the testimonies of those who experienced God's grace through the use of sacramentals, particularly the Miraculous Medal and St. Benedict medals. Based on some stuff I've read, they're both instrumental in the conversion of many, healings, protection in time of danger, and as shields against the diabolical. Both the Association of the Miraculous Medal and the Central Association of the Miraculous Medal are always getting testimonials of those who were greatly aided by Our Lady's intercession and the MMs. Personally I don't have such a story to tell...yet, but I keep a good number of both medals, blessed of course, in time of need. The MMs I try to use as instruments of conversion.

So, fellow fishies, do any of you have personal experiences that you would like to share?
Nothing personal, but I believe in the power of sacramentals, the MM in particular.  I've read a fair amount about it, and it seems there are many miracles associated with it which are undeniable, e.g., the conversion of Alphonse Ratisbonne. What's more, Catherine Labouré was an extremely pious and humble nun. In fact, during her life, no one but her confessor knew she was the one who was given the apparition of Our Lady. I've always found this a strong argument in favor of the veracity of her claims.
Tan used to have a book about the life of St Catherine that was very edifying.  She was a very responsible, very hard working farm girl that ran a household and still had time to trudge through the snow each morning for daily Mass. Definitely not given to hysterics, and much more believable than some.
(03-20-2016, 08:39 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Tan used to have a book about the life of St Catherine that was very edifying.  She was a very responsible, very hard working farm girl that ran a household and still had time to trudge through the snow each morning for daily Mass. Definitely not given to hysterics, and much more believable than some.
I read this not too long ago. It's not great, but It gives a decent rundown of St Catherine Labouré and the miracles associated with the MM. Not worth $8.50, imo (but I'm poor).

Don't get me wrong, I strongly believe in the power of God through sacramentals. I just like reading the testimonials that others have. As for finding them online, there are more for the MMs than St. Benedict medals.