Michael Voris comes out with his past sins....(Too much info)
I cannot emphasize with the Diamond Brothers in the least. I am so fearful  for my  own salvation that I have no time or room to be condemning others. I mean for the love of all that is good and holy, did not Christ mention something about this. Was it not the sinner in the temple that was justified by God and not the hypocrite who exalted his own supposed rigtheousness? Do the Diamond brothers not recognize their own brokenness?
A homosexual has an inclination that requires them to avoid all sexual activity for their entire lives (unless they can get to a point where they find a heterosexual relationship satisfying). A heterosexual person can avoid most sexual sins by just getting married and having relations with their wife (of course sexual sin still presents itself greatly even in this state). On another note, I don't see how a homosexual gains any different merit compared to a heterosexual who consecrates themselves as a virgin. I would say that for a heterosexual having to give up marriage, sexual relations, and children is of even more merit since a homosexual gives up none of those unless they desire to live in a state of mortal sin. The homosexual has no real choice in the matter and in some ways gives a lot of merit to the fact that they have to accept such a large burden with the only alternative being mortal sin. Either way, for one to consecrate themselves as completely chaste for their entries lives is greatly rewarded by God regardless of sexual orientation.
(05-02-2016, 11:40 AM)GangGreen Wrote: A homosexual has an inclination that requires them to avoid all sexual activity for their entire lives (unless they can get to a point where they find a heterosexual relationship satisfying). A heterosexual person can avoid most sexual sins by just getting married and having relations with their wife (of course sexual sin still presents itself greatly even in this state). On another note, I don't see how a homosexual gains any different merit compared to a heterosexual who consecrates themselves as a virgin. I would say that for a heterosexual having to give up marriage, sexual relations, and children is of even more merit since a homosexual gives up none of those unless they desire to live in a state of mortal sin. The homosexual has no real choice in the matter and in some ways gives a lot of merit to the fact that they have to accept such a large burden. Either way, for one to consecrate themselves as completely chaste for their entries lives is greatly rewarded by God regardless of sexual orientation.

A homosexual Catholic who is faithful to the teachings of the Church differs from a consecrated virgin in that the latter chooses that path, while former is, in a sense, forced into celibacy.
(05-02-2016, 11:44 AM)Papist Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 11:40 AM)GangGreen Wrote: A homosexual has an inclination that requires them to avoid all sexual activity for their entire lives (unless they can get to a point where they find a heterosexual relationship satisfying). A heterosexual person can avoid most sexual sins by just getting married and having relations with their wife (of course sexual sin still presents itself greatly even in this state). On another note, I don't see how a homosexual gains any different merit compared to a heterosexual who consecrates themselves as a virgin. I would say that for a heterosexual having to give up marriage, sexual relations, and children is of even more merit since a homosexual gives up none of those unless they desire to live in a state of mortal sin. The homosexual has no real choice in the matter and in some ways gives a lot of merit to the fact that they have to accept such a large burden. Either way, for one to consecrate themselves as completely chaste for their entries lives is greatly rewarded by God regardless of sexual orientation.

A homosexual Catholic who is faithful to the teachings of the Church differs from a consecrated virgin in that the latter chooses that path, while former is, in a sense, forced into celibacy.
Right. In either sense, both are making the choice to choose God over the world. However, one argue that the merit of choosing celibacy would be greater than being forced into it. Either way, it's of great merit and I have no idea what of would be of greater. I'll leave that to the theologians.
(04-29-2016, 08:37 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 07:48 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Everything Vox said here is so very true!

Vox and the fishies brought Pilgrim and I into tradition.  We attended our first Latin Mass thanks to friends here.  We thought that such a beautiful and vibrant faith was impossible in the modern world.  They were with us as we struggled to adopt our kiddos.  When I was making the rocky transition from 1 teenager who could have raised herself to 3 little wild children, they held my hands (metaphorically) and comforted me.  FishEaters is a special place.  It can be a wonderful space for sharing our struggles and strengthening our faith.  In my experience, that's the best of what this forum can be. 

Please don't walk away.  Understand that the internet can bring out the worst in people.  We trads are spread so far apart that we need a place like this is bring us together.

Oh, my gosh -- really? It was FishEaters that brought you and Pilgrim to Tradition??? I am so -- humbled, and so HAPPY to know this! THANK YOU for relating that to me! Hearing things like this absolutely makes my day! Yaaaaaay!

Me too, really it was FE that introduced me to traditional Catholicism and maybe FE should be thought of as fish catchers in a way.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
I believe that FE was my entry into traditional Catholicism, too. It was definitely the place I learned the most about it.
I probably wouldn't be Catholic at all if it weren't for FE.