Michael Voris comes out with his past sins....(Too much info)
(04-22-2016, 09:29 PM)Truecharity Wrote: How's calumny?
(snip)

Wow, that's pretty bad. I wonder why the animus is there against the SSPX. And I wonder what info he might have regarding the NY Diocese being - or having been -- out to "get" him. What's been said to him or what has he seen to have that sort of understanding?

I reckon time will tell...
I'm so tired of this infighting among Catholics. Certain sedevacantists want to mentally excommunicate all non-sedevacantists, or even all non-sedevacantists who don't adhere to their specific interpretations of things. Liberals want to change the whole Church. Novus Ordo attending conservatives (like myself) are often seen as "Neo-Catholics" for not being able to attend the TLM. Traditionalists who attend the TLM are often painted as "too trad" or "not trad enough." It's ridiculous. If we can't band together and display a unified front, how is the world supposed to see the truth with clarity and believe?
In full agreement with Shared Love...

"But then there's the matter of proving it's true"

He's got a litigious mind.  He kept a boat load of paper work from when he tussled with the Archdiocese of Detroit so that he could prove what took place.

Based on what I've been following I don't think proving the shenanigans would be a problem.  He's had infuriated parishioners who have been neglected for years contact him with gobs and gobs of info.  Some of them have been willing to be seen on camera, some not.  At least one who spoke to him on camera (blurred out and voice distorted) worked inside the diocese and had/has privy to top player's meetings.

I get the feeling that if push came to shove that these people who love the Church so much and are tired of seeing it dragged through the mud would lay it all on the table and I think the NY Diocese knows this.  According to insiders the NYD are lawyered up over this mess and my guess is that they would have called MV's bluff if they thought that was all it was.  Instead, I think they defo started diggin' dirt and he beat them to it.  The NYD is probably now trying to figure out who has been tipping him off.

They really kicked over a big, nasty basket of sneaky snakes.  The expose' they did on this was really well done and I could not believe I was only hearing it from CM.

(04-22-2016, 10:21 PM)Share Love Wrote: I'm so tired of this infighting among Catholics. Certain sedevacantists want to mentally excommunicate all non-sedevacantists, or even all non-sedevacantists who don't adhere to their specific interpretations of things. Liberals want to change the whole Church. Novus Ordo attending conservatives (like myself) are often seen as "Neo-Catholics" for not being able to attend the TLM. Traditionalists who attend the TLM are often painted as "too trad" or "not trad enough." It's ridiculous. If we can't band together and display a unified front, how is the world supposed to see the truth with clarity and believe?

I suppose that's a side effect of the lack of a strong orthodox teaching Church. Most faithful Catholics believe the dogmas, try to live the life, etc., but there's this strange phenomena of each one going his way, which is comprehensible : if the bishops don't teach you have to teach yourself. Fr. Ioannes Petrus spoke about this in this interview.

Somehow we have to manage to keep the faith almost by ourselves, and that's why I think divine providence has placed good popes to deal with liberalism and modernism and why there are many good traditional priests (and they are part of the teaching Church). Even with some occasional nasty fight, at the ground level, it has been my anecdotal experience, most disagree only on minor details (if you are a typical person asking for counsel on, say, how to deal with the pope, the answers will not vary very much).

Of course, from what I see, Fr. Nicholson doesn't sound that good, and I have to wonder what sort of market corner he has found for himself among TLM enthusiasts. Probably Opus Dei members or « professional apologists » for the current Nomenklatura. Very interesting coincidence that he just found out he is actually opposed to the gay spirit of criticism.  :eyeroll:

Great video. I think Voris showed a lot of class in out-flanking the Archdiocese in this manner. I hope the video gives him a sense of liberation from his past sins and the gift of forgetfulness.
(04-22-2016, 10:21 PM)Share Love Wrote: I'm so tired of this infighting among Catholics. Certain sedevacantists want to mentally excommunicate all non-sedevacantists, or even all non-sedevacantists who don't adhere to their specific interpretations of things. Liberals want to change the whole Church. Novus Ordo attending conservatives (like myself) are often seen as "Neo-Catholics" for not being able to attend the TLM. Traditionalists who attend the TLM are often painted as "too trad" or "not trad enough." It's ridiculous. If we can't band together and display a unified front, how is the world supposed to see the truth with clarity and believe?

I can a find a through-line with almost every group besides the liberal Catholics. They're better off joining other denominations that cater to their social outlook.

As for Voris, good for him. This is the type of "coming out" that is, indeed, healthy. He confessed and repented. I remember reading his wiki bio about a year ago and I thought it was rather strange that, being  a man of his age, was single and the "working too many hours to have a relationship" was more of a coverup of (A) his inability to find a wife or (b) that he was a homosexual.

But I will have to disagree, to a degree, with others here - I think he should continue his talks on homosexuality. Sure he was a little "militant" about it, but he was clear and, well, right. He focused on it because, as we have learned, committed such sins and he knew it was wrong even while committing it. Is he self-loathing? I don't think so. As he said he abhors his past actions - he hates the action, not the person and he doesn't come across as a self-loathing, just a person who knows the right path and wants others to choose the path he's taken. If anything, Voris is an inspiration.

While I completely agree with your sentiments about the divide among Catholics  I would assert those that realize this divide would do well to promote unity. Fr Michael Rodriguez has given talks about trad working together, A Blueprint for Returning and Restoring Tradition.

Instead of being frustrated about the divisions among Catholics find ways to bridge the gaps. Some will listen some won't. Division and defeatism is not of God, work through it and I state this just as much for me as you as I struggle at time with the same issue.

Quote:Very interesting coincidence that he just found out he is actually opposed to the gay spirit of criticism.

Bingo, Bango.

How long have those Vortex episodes been running and Father Nicholson has suddenly come to this conclusion?  He missed the "sell by date" by a long shot.

Something fishy there.

So I went to the video on CM's site and at the time there was over 1,000 comments and from skimming them I only saw those in favor of Voris. 

Btw... awfully funny how when CM tries to reach NYD for comment, no one will answer the phone but when the Catholic Herald rings them, they pick up.  Sounds like 98% of them are in collusion and so everyone from the Bishop to the cook may need to be sent packing.

I have not watched CM lately, or posted here in a while, because I am in the process of converting to the Eastern Orthodox Church. But, I do visit the boards often because I miss conversing with all of you.

I was saddened to see Voris' video, which almost brought me to tears. In my opinion, he doesn't owe anyone an explanation or an apology as Vox rightly stated. I think he did so because he had solid proof that the AD of NY was going to share his past. I don't think CM and Voris would share this info unless they had proof.

I am interested to see how this one ends. I will definitely pray for Mr. Voris.