Michael Voris comes out with his past sins....(Too much info)
(04-25-2016, 12:05 PM)Truecharity Wrote: Those bringing up Voris' past sins simply for self-gain and for the sake of knocking him down are sinning, probably gravely.

Ab-so-lute-ly!

(04-25-2016, 12:05 PM)Truecharity Wrote: At the same time though, those who would entrust their youth to him have a right to know.
(CMTV has the young man PAUSE program)

I don't know about that... It'd be one thing if he were an active homosexual, but he isn't. And he wasn't strictly homosexual before his reversion; he was apparently bisexual. But all that goes to why I think homosexuals should be able to be honest about who they are and what they struggle with. You say parents have a right to know -- but I've heard other trads (the toxic types) go on about how homosexuals should just shut up about it and suffer in silence. I find that repulsive, something we'd wish on no other group with a psychological disorder.

(04-25-2016, 12:05 PM)Truecharity Wrote: Homosexuality is a sin that can be forgiven. But it is also a mental disorder from which the young must be protected. It's not safe to trust anyone who we know to have any sort of sexual perversion with children or youngsters.

Homosexuality isn't a sin at all; it's a disorder. Acting on homosexual desires is sinful.

(04-25-2016, 12:05 PM)Truecharity Wrote: We would undoubtedly and without hesitation act the same way towards a repentant ephebophile/homosexual priest. His sins are forgotten without a doubt, however no parent in their right mind would let their young ones hang out with him.

Most homosexuals aren't pedophiles, and many heterosexual people are. I don't think for a minute that Mr. Voris would ever do anything like that. I trust him. I believe he's repented and is a celibate man.

Now, if I knew of a pedophile, I wouldn't; trust him around my kid, not for a second (not alone, I mean. And I wouldn't even be really comfortable with him around my kid at all because the thought of anyone even lusting after my kid would be sickening).

(04-25-2016, 12:05 PM)Truecharity Wrote: As it stands right now most Catholics are forced into into an almost Protestant "once saved always saved" position. I got news for you guys: forgiveness does not mean we need to grant him license to keep doing what he's doing or forgo the appropriate and necessary response to these revelations. There are consequences that he has refused to accept as part of his past sins, namely that he has no place leading any religious discussions, or leading any kind of lay apostolate which grants him a position of authority. In an ideal situation, the local Bishop would insist he step down and remove himself from all self-appointed positions of influence. But we don't have that luxury.
Do your due diligence.

I don't buy any of that for a single second. I used to be a wild child and a HALF when I was a teenager, and there's no way I'm not called to be doing what I'm doing with FE. St. Paul used to murder Christians, for crying out loud!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Michael Voris comes out with his past sins....(Too much info) - by VoxClamantis - 04-25-2016, 01:06 PM