Michael Voris comes out with his past sins....(Too much info)
(04-25-2016, 01:32 PM)Truecharity Wrote: In 2003 Michael began speaking at various parishes throughout Detroit and from 2004 - 2006 he was regularly hosting programmes broadcast on Michigan Catholic Radio
http://michaelvoris.weebly.com/about-michael-voris.html

He claims, said he reverted to the faith and stopped his sinful ways AFTER his mom died. She passed away in 2004. But he started his "apostolate" in 2003.

So his reversion was a process, like most people's, instead of a "bam, you're 100% Catholic, both professing and in terms of what you've given up sin-wise". I think it's unseemly to question his sincerity, and pretty vicious to throw out all of his work, etc., because he used to engage in sexual acts, including homosexual ones, outside of marriage.  Even if he were to engage in such sins NOW, I wouldn't hold that against any apostolate he might have unless he weren't repentant of them, unless he tried to defend those sins, etc. We're ALL sinners, and if the criteria for having a Catholic apostolate is perfection, there wouldn't be any at all.

(04-25-2016, 01:32 PM)Truecharity Wrote: All I'm saying, is, parents have a right to know before sending in their sons to Voris.

Btw, Voris would not self-incriminate himself by mentioning males the under the age of 21 . He may be crazy, but not stupid.

Men between the ages of 18 and 25 are adult men; their parents shouldn't have to know anything about such things. They're grown men, and should be able to take care of themselves. And 18 is the age of majority, not 21, so your bringing up his not mentioning "males under the age of 21" makes no sense -- and your intimation that he had sexual dealings with males who haven't reached the age of majority is calumny or detraction.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Michael Voris comes out with his past sins....(Too much info) - by VoxClamantis - 04-25-2016, 03:43 PM