Michael Voris comes out with his past sins....(Too much info)
(04-25-2016, 10:51 PM)Truecharity Wrote: Sodomy is literally the sin of Sodom, men attempting a perversion of the sexual act with each other, and by analogy women attempting such perversions with each other,

You sure about that? Heterosexuals can't commit sodomy with each other?  The legal and other definitions of sodomy are all over the place (take a look).

(04-25-2016, 10:51 PM)Truecharity Wrote: and the medical literature defines the physical aspects of those actions.

If you're referring to anal intercourse, heterosexuals do that as well, it's one of the the least-practiced sexual acts homosexuals engage in (oral sex, mutual masturbation, and frottage take precedence), and it's something lesbians can't physically do with each other. You have no idea what specific homosexual acts Mr. Voris engaged in at one time before his reversion, and I maintain it's none of our business. I also maintain that even if he were to stumble and engage in whatever act tomorrow night, that, too, is none of our business as long as he doesn't twist Catholic teaching through his apostolate -- something I have never heard him do. His sins are between him, his priest, God, and anyone who might be directly affected by them. They're no one else's business any more than your sins are our business.

(04-25-2016, 10:51 PM)Truecharity Wrote: "I will now reveal that for most of my years in my thirties, confused about my own sexuality, I lived a life of live-in relationships with homosexual men."- Michael Voris April 21, 2016

Live in Relationship:
It is “an arrangement of living under which the couples which are unmarried live together to conduct a long-going relationship similarly as in marriage". In this relationship an unmarried couple lives together under the same roof in a way it resembles a marriage, but without getting married legally.

Not sure what "this relationship" you're referring to; he spoke of "relationships" (plural) with "homosexual men" (plural).  Or are you saying that two men living together "resembles a marriage"? To me, it doesn't resemble a marriage at all. Marriage takes a man and a woman.

It's not a sin for two men to live together; their having sex with each other would be a sin, but their cohabiting isn't.

In any case, we all know he engaged in "homosexual acts". The point is that you don't know whether those acts were "sodomy".

But frankly, I find talking about what he may have done extremely distasteful. I say it's none of our business whatsoever. He repented; he's forgiven; it's done. He strives to teach the Catholic Faith. Standing in his way or trying to harm his work -- even while respectfully criticizing his attitudes toward the SSPX and toward respectfully criticizing the Pope -- make no sense.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Michael Voris comes out with his past sins....(Too much info) - by VoxClamantis - 04-25-2016, 11:56 PM