Michael Voris comes out with his past sins....(Too much info)
(04-29-2016, 07:02 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: I never much cared for the Vortex, but poor Michael. It sounds like the Lord is allowing for the pruning of his soul. I hope he grows back stronger and better than ever!

THAT is the sort of attitude that characterizes FE, and that I pray continues to characterize FE -- not the sort of vitriol exhibited by "TrueCharity" and the "Greg" person she quoted!

A few verses for any "toxic trads" reading over our shoulders, people who'd condemn Mr. Voris or slur his apostolate because of repented-for sins (or even present-day sins he may be struggling to overcome, as long as he preaches the Truth, pure Catholic teaching with no excuses for anything he might struggle with). And, mind you, I disagree with Mr. Voris's take on the SSPX, and with his view of respectful criticism of the Holy Father. My emphasis in bold:

Quote:
Matthew 23:23-28
Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because you tithe mint, and anise, and cummin, and have left the weightier things of the law; judgment, and mercy, and faith. These things you ought to have done, and not to leave those undone.  Blind guides, who strain out a gnat, and swallow a camel. Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because you make clean the outside of the cup and of the dish, but within you are full of rapine and uncleanness. Thou blind Pharisee, first make clean the inside of the cup and of the dish, that the outside may become clean.  Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because you are like to whited sepulchres, which outwardly appear to men beautiful, but within are full of dead men' s bones, and of all filthiness. So you also outwardly indeed appear to men just; but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Luke 18:10-14
Two men went up into the temple to pray: the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee standing, prayed thus with himself: O God, I give thee thanks that I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, as also is this publican.  I fast twice in a week: I give tithes of all that I possess.  And the publican, standing afar off, would not so much as lift up his eyes towards heaven; but struck his breast, saying: O God, be merciful to me a sinner. I say to you, this man went down into his house justified rather than the other: because every one that exalteth himself, shall be humbled: and he that humbleth himself, shall be exalted.

Gospel according to St. John 8:1-11
And Jesus went unto mount Olivet.  And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came to him, and sitting down he taught them.  And the scribes and the Pharisees bring unto him a woman taken in adultery: and they set her in the midst,  And said to him: Master, this woman was even now taken in adultery. Now Moses in the law commanded us to stone such a one. But what sayest thou? And this they said tempting him, that they might accuse him. But Jesus bowing himself down, wrote with his finger on the ground. When therefore they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said to them: He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.  And again stooping down, he wrote on the ground. But they hearing this, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest. And Jesus alone remained, and the woman standing in the midst. Then Jesus lifting up himself, said to her: Woman, where are they that accused thee? Hath no man condemned thee? Who said: No man, Lord.  And Jesus said: Neither will I condemn thee. Go, and now sin no more.

I John 4:16-21
And we have known, and have believed the charity, which God hath to us. God is charity: and he that abideth in charity, abideth in God, and God in him. In this is the charity of God perfected with us, that we may have confidence in the day of judgment: because as he is, we also are in this world. Fear is not in charity: but perfect charity casteth out fear, because fear hath pain. And he that feareth, is not perfected in charity. Let us therefore love God, because God first hath loved us. If any man say, I love God, and hateth his brother; he is a liar. For he that loveth not his brother, whom he seeth, how can he love God, whom he seeth not? And this commandment we have from God, that he, who loveth God, love also his brother.

Matthew 22:34-40
But the Pharisees hearing that he had silenced the Sadducees, came together: And one of them, a doctor of the law, asking him, tempting him: Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment. And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments dependeth the whole law and the prophets.

I Corinthians 13:1-8 "If I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.  And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.  And if I should distribute all my goods to feed the poor, and if I should deliver my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.  Charity is patient, is kind: charity envieth not, dealeth not perversely; is not puffed up; Is not ambitious, seeketh not her own, is not provoked to anger, thinketh no evil;  rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth with the truth;  beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.  Charity never falleth away: whether prophecies shall be made void, or tongues shall cease, or knowledge shall be destroyed."

To those in this thread who were hurt by "TrueCharity's" words and/or who think that THAT sort of nastiness is what FE:Tradition is about and want nothing to do with it, STOP. Please stop, and don't let the words of an obvious "toxic trad" turn you away from Christ and His Church. Neither let it all keep you away from this forum or make you think that that sort of nonsense is what this forum is "like." It most certainly is not. "TrueCharity" has been banned, and if you allow people like her to run you off, then she and her ilk will have won. "Toxic-traddism" will have won. And there will be no forum like the FishEaters's forum, and what I want FishEaters's forum to become (more of the same but even better, minus the "toxic" types), on the internet.

STAY and WIN.

I am soooooo glad that almost all of you Fishies out there "get" what I want FishEaters to be, that you "get" what traditional Catholicism truly is -- the most beautiful, perfect way of worshiping God, handed down to us over thousands of years, and in need of preservation, restoration, and protection from those who use Tradition as a refuge from anomie, an escape from the (understandable) fear of what's happening in our world, and who use defense mechanisms, scapegoating, and what's in essence "gang-banging" to get through the night and to feel good about themselves. I want NONE of that here. Here, I want the peace, joy, and charity of Christ to prevail -- all coupled with good conversation about the hideous state of the human element of the Church, ordinate kvetching, respectful criticism when necessary, community, friendship, and fun. Don't let others ruin all that for us :)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Michael Voris comes out with his past sins....(Too much info) - by VoxClamantis - 04-29-2016, 07:31 PM