Pope Francis and the SSPX: On the Verge of a deal?
What is the morality of expose's and wikileaks?
An English translation of  Father Schmidberger's letter was posted on Rorate Caeli:

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2016/04....html#more

Sounds like "regularization" may be imminent.
I feel like I'm the only one who has noticed that this is a letter from February. It's not like this is breaking news.

Or maybe I just have a different conception of "imminent" than everyone else.
I noticed it too.  I don't see a lot of justification for "imminent" conclusions.  At best, I see positive trends. 
(04-29-2016, 10:35 AM)Fontevrault Wrote: I noticed it too.  I don't see a lot of justification for "imminent" conclusions.  At best, I see positive trends.

I believe the English translation of the text was just published, so this is the first time many of us are seeing the full content of the letter.
There are quite a few of us here capable of translating had someone shared it earlier.  As it stands, it presents as much ado too late to be considered imminent. 

In another thread about this same letter, I've seen speculation that regularlization would happen before the end of April.  Then it was changed to October.  Who knows?  Not us.  Perhaps it is in the works. Do we have any solid information or are we sitting around gossiping and making mountains out of molehills?  Only time will tell.  If it happens, it won't happen because of Fishie Folk sitting around talking about it.  That's the only thing I'm sure of. 
A new development clarifying at least that the text was not indeed sent to all priests of the SSPX but only to a small circle :

"Under normal circumstances this is a document we would not have published, because NLM has learned that Fr. Schmidberger wrote it as a private communication. He sent it to the SSPX Superior General, Bishop Bernard Fellay, and to a small circle of colleagues, including fellow professors at the seminary. He did not authorize anyone to release it on the internet, let alone to claim incorrectly that he had sent it to all members of the Society; but in recent days both of these have taken place without his consent.
Now that erroneous translations of the text and untrue stories about the document are doing a disservice to innocent readers, Fr. Schmidberger has approved the publication of this authorized translation in English, in order to clear away the errors."

http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/201...yOSAPmGPcc

C.
A new development: "Now that erroneous translations of the text and untrue stories about the document are doing a disservice to innocent readers, Fr. Schmidberger has approved the publication of this authorized translation in English, in order to clear away the errors."

http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/201...yOSAPmGPcc

C.
Merged topics.
(04-29-2016, 10:33 AM)ermy_law Wrote: I feel like I'm the only one who has noticed that this is a letter from February. It's not like this is breaking news.

Or maybe I just have a different conception of "imminent" than everyone else.

Well, "imminent" in a 2000+ year old institution might be defined a bit differently than the rest of us...  :LOL: