Today I visited a mosque
Thank you all for your input. I didn't think what I did was sinful but I just wanted to be sure.

And yes, the food was amazing.
(05-01-2016, 01:37 PM)J Michael Wrote: I don't see the slightest bit of a problem here, Dom.  But then, hey...I'm a heretic! :grin:

Halal food is almost as good as kosher food.

You didn't pray or bow or otherwise partake of their service or contemplate converting or whatever?  So...what's the big deal?

Pardon me for my ignorance, J Michael, but what exactly makes you a heretic?
(05-02-2016, 02:53 AM)Dominicus Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 01:37 PM)J Michael Wrote: I don't see the slightest bit of a problem here, Dom.  But then, hey...I'm a heretic! :grin:

You didn't pray or bow or otherwise partake of their service or contemplate converting or whatever?  So...what's the big deal?

More than likely, it's his belief that avatars must be missing at least half of their teeth.  :grin:
Ahh yes, I believe that would do it.  :LOL:

That's probably meat (preferably kosher  :grin:) for a different thread, perhaps a general one on "What makes J Michael a heretic?"...or something like that. :)

Suffice it to say that I hold some beliefs and reject others that might scandalize some folks here.  And there.  And over there, too.  See the quote from Silouan in my sig.
(05-02-2016, 03:17 AM)Share Love Wrote:

More than likely, it's his belief that avatars must be missing at least half of their teeth.  :grin:

I hereby nominate you for smartest person on the board!

[Image: 62196993.jpg]
You've piqued my curiousity. What did they talk about?
Well most of it was pretty fine, not too awful. Mostly just their beliefs about Jesus and Mary, they were telling me their version of the conception and birth of Jesus which actually sounded pretty cool. Something about miraculous figs and how they believe Jesus could speak from the moment of His birth so that people believed that Mary conceived by God instead of by Joseph.

When they started talking about the crucifixion thats where it got dificult. He was telling me about their belief that it wasn't really Jesus who died on the cross but rather someone else who God had switched his face so he looked like Jesus, I was somewhere between bursting into laughter and slapping the guy in the face.

They also told me about their peculiar eating habits and things like that.
(05-03-2016, 08:05 PM)Dominicus Wrote: He was telling me about their belief that it wasn't really Jesus who died on the cross but rather someone else who God had switched his face so he looked like Jesus,[...]

Wasn't there a Nicholas Cage movie with that sort of premise? ???
(05-03-2016, 11:10 PM)PrairieMom Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 08:05 PM)Dominicus Wrote: He was telling me about their belief that it wasn't really Jesus who died on the cross but rather someone else who God had switched his face so he looked like Jesus,[...]

Wasn't there a Nicholas Cage movie with that sort of premise? ???

Maybe, I can't remember what though. When I searched for it all I found was this...

http://www.theonion.com/video/meet-the-m...tume-27318

:LOL: