Today I visited a mosque
You're thinking of the movie Face/Off. 

Back in my atheist days, I requested and received a free copy of the Koran from the Saudi Arabian embassy (I think they still give these out upon request -- very nice hardbound editions).  In the back of that, I remember there being a section that was basically anti-Christian apologetic talking points.  It mentioned the whole divine switcheroo thing.  Come to find out, that is a rather ancient heresy that Mohemmed, or whatever group of people invented Mohemmed, resurrected (pun intended) when they invented their false religion.
I have never been inside a Mosque and don't feel the urge to. But nevertheless , there is nothing wrong with intellectual curiosity.  The only dealings with a  local muslim so far was a  taxi driver, who let us off with full payment for our taxi fare, we didn't have enough so he just quite happily accepted and helped us out and even drove us to our house.  I felt so bad and wanted to contact him again to give him what we owed him but he said it is his duty to help others.  That really has stuck in my mind.

OUt of curiousity I  did visit a Sikh temple and a  Hindu temple with a friend.    I was quite taken  with  the way the Hindu's  kind of burn this incense  in a large silver dish and people filed  round the incense  to waft themselves with the smoke from the incense as though they were covering  themselves with the spirit of God.    I didn't ask my friend if that was the reason though.   
Though I am a true Catholic and true to Christ, I just wanted to see what these other faiths do.

I've known some very good, kind people who were Muslim.  The problem is more with the faith and what it preaches.  It's like those atheists who are generally good people and do all kinds of charitable work.  They do some stuff right . . .  but then they fall apart.  :)
The kindness of the taxi driver stood out for me as an example of how selfless acts of kindness can deeply influence people much more than theology or apologetics. In my own life I can remember a vietnamese guy I used to work with whose family was converted from Buddhism to the baptists simply because they received acts of kindness from the Baptists after an auto accident and nothing from the Buddhists.

There are good and bad amongst all men of all religions, but I'd argue that Islam carries within its official text,it's millenia of interpretations and it's history an existential infection that  often turns people into homicidal maniacs.  Sure there are good Muslims, but islam itself was born in blood and conquest and will always remain rooted in the same regardless of how many individual Muslims there are who espouse some form of basic human decency.

Along with what FB says, I don't know that we can also surmise that people are engaging in good deeds on the basis of their faith.  Perhaps the taxi driver was being nice because he is Muslim, or maybe he's just a nice guy.  When I do nice things, I don't necessarily reflect on my duty to do nice things because I am Catholic -- even though I should be doing that since it would properly orient the act and make it more meritorious.  I just kind of do nice things because my parents raised me to be polite (I was not raised Christian). 

Inversely, though, when I do bad things, I do tend to reflect on the fact that I haven't lived up to my obligations as a Catholic, so who knows the rights of all this stuff.  Maybe other people are generally more self-reflexive than I am. 
(06-09-2016, 09:23 AM)Fontevrault Wrote: I've known some very good, kind people who were Muslim.  The problem is more with the faith and what it preaches.  It's like those atheists who are generally good people and do all kinds of charitable work.  [b][i]They do some stuff right . . .  but then they fall apart.  :)[/i][/b]

Just like lots of Christians, Jews, and others, eh? :grin: :grin:
(06-09-2016, 02:00 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(06-09-2016, 09:23 AM)Fontevrault Wrote: I've known some very good, kind people who were Muslim.  The problem is more with the faith and what it preaches.  It's like those atheists who are generally good people and do all kinds of charitable work.  [b][i]They do some stuff right . . .  but then they fall apart.  :)[/i][/b]

Oh, we all fall apart at some point.  :grin:  But Islam is truly messed up. 
(06-09-2016, 02:17 PM)Fontevrault Wrote:
(06-09-2016, 02:00 PM)J Michael Wrote:

Oh, we all fall apart at some point.  :grin:  But Islam is truly messed up.

No argument with you on that! :)