First Novus Ordo.... so confused.
(05-02-2016, 11:05 PM)Dave01 Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 08:29 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: It doesn't have to be that way.  The Novus Ordo may be celebrated with chant, bells, and incense.  The priest may use the Roman Canon as the Eucharistic prayer all the time.  They may chant the Kyrie in Greek, and have as much of the rest of the liturgy in Latin as they want.  They may celebrate the Mass ad orientem, with only traditional altars in the church.  Women may wear veils, and everyone may receive communion on the tongue, kneeling, at a communion rail, holding the cloth up against themselves as in the olden days.  The problem is that they don't have to do those things.  In other words, there are too many options.  So many groups are given accommodation, but not traditional Catholics.

Since the NO was introduced, the vast, overwhelming majority of Popes and Bishops have not celebrated the NO in a "reverent" manner, with any of the above listed items included. Since one would imagine that the Popes and Bishops are the valid interpreters of the very rite which they themselves attempted to promulgate, it would follow that the true spirit of the NO is irreverence, and that to attempt to celebrate the NO in a "reverent" manner (which is impossible because of the issues with the rite itself) is actually a violation of the spirit of the new rite. Just another reason to junk the NO altogether.

Ummm...Do we have a "regression of traditionalism by illogical argumentation" smiley face icon, or at least a "smiley-face-hitting-head-against-wall" icon which I can click on when posting a comment?
The only women with a veil on, I felt a bit silly from all the stares.

Where I go to mass it is not unheard of for women to wear a veil.
It was mostly older women in their 50s and 60s. I did not see many young families like at my SSPX chapel which is mostly younger folks.

Where I go to mass it is mostly families with their children. I am told that they average more than 30 baptisms a month.
:) :) :)
(05-03-2016, 11:26 PM)Poche Wrote: The only women with a veil on, I felt a bit silly from all the stares.

Wait. Wait. You're a woman? Maybe it was your avatar, but I genuinely thought you were a guy, Poche.  :blush: Oops!
From that point on I only saw the priest with any real role, two times. He said the Kyrie Elesion and then he spent maybe entire 3 minutes at the altar during the consecration. The rest of the Mass seemed to be run by Women in pants with no veil.

Who read the gospel and gave the homily?
(05-03-2016, 11:27 PM)Share Love Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 11:26 PM)Poche Wrote: The only women with a veil on, I felt a bit silly from all the stares.

Wait. Wait. You're a woman? Maybe it was your avatar, but I genuinely thought you were a guy, Poche.  :blush: Oops!

I was trying to quote from the OP.
(05-03-2016, 11:41 PM)Poche Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 11:27 PM)Share Love Wrote:

I was trying to quote from the OP.
Double oops!