A Snapshot of the State of Catechesis
(05-06-2016, 05:40 AM)Share Love Wrote: When you get right down to it (and this is coming from someone who came to a solid faith through science and serious investigation and study), faith is very simple. I mean, when you study it, it's profound, but it is also simple. You take Jesus at His word or you do not. You believe Him when He says, "This is My body," or you do not. All the teachings of the Faith can be boiled down to this main point: will you believe Jesus and the Church He founded, or won't you? If you question a clearly defined teaching, the problem does not lie with the Church. Period.

I once said this to an older (mid-60s) friend of mine, ex-seminarian, thought I was over simplifying it, but I surely believe it. 

Just the other night I was speaking with a young man from Europe who felt that the Church HAD to change it's stance on things to be current. I had a tough time with him and truthfully what I wanted to say was "sir, you're a heretic". He felt that the Church had to at some point recognize birth control and gay marriage. By the way, his estimation of himself: faithful, lifelong, Catholic.

Messages In This Thread
Re: A Snapshot of the State of Catechesis - by AugustineNYC - 05-06-2016, 10:32 AM