A Snapshot of the State of Catechesis
(05-06-2016, 06:18 AM)Zea mays Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 05:49 AM)Zubr Wrote: See, if this is what you believe, don't start an analysis with "I'm Roman Catholic from birth." as if that gives your position more weight.  You can say, "I was Roman Catholic" or "I was raised Roman Catholic but.."  but don't state your belief in the present form.  If you don't believe in basic church teaching, don't use an affirmative statement of belief (I'm Roman Catholic from birth) to showcase your complete lack of comprehension.

plus, no one is born catholic..

people who say they went to catholic school as some sort of "i know the faith trump card" are usually the most ignorant.

Yes, you're right.  I think people have this perception that being Catholic is like an ethnicity; something that comes with birth.  What they don't really get is that it starts with acknowledgement of a specific set of beliefs but also the continual growth and development of faith.  Birth, or short term education, doesn't cover all that there is to being 'Catholic'.  These variables may place a person in a family tied to that religion or act a supplement but it is up to the individual to study and investigate Catholicism. 

Messages In This Thread
Re: A Snapshot of the State of Catechesis - by Zubr - 05-06-2016, 11:27 AM