For conversions to the Catholic faith
Blessed Mother, please intercede for us.
Hold the sorrowful-
Mother and love the weary, abused, neglected
or forgotten among us-
Give your aid to all needing help or healing-
Assist those who are sick, in pain or suffering-
Be with those needing peace-
Console the lonely or brokenhearted-
Comfort the lost or hopeless-
Strengthen the fearful-
Guard the unborn-
Pray for those who are dying or who have died-
Soften those with hardened hearts-
Enlighten those who do not yet see truth-
Help us be brave enough to let our hurt and anger go-
Show us the way to do the right thing-
Protect those who are in danger, and
Guide us from every evil.
May all who keep your sacred commemoration
experience the might of your assistance.
Amen
If you're in the Military or a Veteran, THANK YOU for your many sacrifices. Salute
[-] The following 1 user Likes tuscany's post:
  • XavierSem
My ex husband has left the faith and is going to Eastern Orthodoxy, and he's taking our children with them (he has custody). Please pray that he will return to the faith and that the children will as well.
“If I saw the gates of hell open and I stood on the brink of the abyss, I would not despair; I would not lose hope of mercy, because I would trust in you, my God.” ~St. Gemma
[-] The following 2 users Like kunoichi's post:
  • vickycruzlopez, XavierSem
The Servant of God Frank Duff, Founder of the Legion of Mary, wrote the following prayer:

Quote:"O Lord, all hearts are in Your Hand. You can bend, as it pleases You, the most obdurate, and soften the most hardened.
Do that honour this (day) night through the Blood, merits, wounds, names and inflamed Hearts of Your Beloved Son and His Most Holy Mother by granting the conversion of the whole world. Nothing less My God, Nothing less because of Mary Thy Mother and because of Thy might and Thy Mercy".
You can insert 'especially N.' after 'the whole world'.

And please pray for my wife, and my four younger children who have all fallen away from the Church, and for my oldest daughter and my six grandchildren who are not Catholic.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • XavierSem
Hello! I left the forum a while, I uninstalled the app because of storage problems in my phone, but also I was kinda frustrated. I need prayer for the conversion of an orthodox friend, I talked about him in other posts.
He's ucranian living in Argentina, he and his family are russian orthodoxs and it's part of their identity. But we've been dating like almost two years ago, but we just can't be anything because of are different religions. He is very anti ecumenism. We already broke up, got back together, a lot of thing happened and we always just end up together again. I received advises saying to let go, that I'm young, I will find someone else. I can't say I didn't think about it, it would of been easier maybe, but our paths keeps leading to each other.
All me previous posts were normally to help me respond him, and in one I asked for prayers because he was considering converting to the Catholic faith, but he didn't because he still agrees more with his religion then with mine. He's very sensible, this affects him a lot, he's never happy, always tired. We don't touch religious topics in are conversations because we're just tired. The curious thing is that he says he knows that I'm right, that's logical for him to convert to the religion of the majority, but I understand how extremely hard this is for him . He lives with the guilt of being different, but he needs so much strength to be able to let go of his believes, the believes of his family, and that part of his nation and identity. He wants us to be together, he knows what he has to do, he's living a crisis, he needs so much prayers.
Thank you all again. I will be praying for all your intentions as well .
God bless

Sent from my LG-M250 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes vickycruzlopez's post:
  • XavierSem
(06-27-2018, 10:44 AM)vickycruzlopez Wrote: Hello! I left the forum a while, I uninstalled the app because of storage problems in my phone, but also I was kinda frustrated. I need prayer for the conversion of an orthodox friend, I talked about him in other posts.
He's ucranian living in Argentina, he and his family are russian orthodoxs and it's part of their identity. But we've been dating like almost two years ago, but we just can't be anything because of are different religions. He is very anti ecumenism. We already broke up, got back together, a lot of thing happened and we always just end up together again. I received advises saying to let go, that I'm young, I will find someone else. I can't say I didn't think about it, it would of been easier maybe, but our paths keeps leading to each other.
All me previous posts were normally to help me respond him, and in one I asked for prayers because he was considering converting to the Catholic faith, but he didn't because he still agrees more with his religion then with mine. He's very sensible, this affects him a lot, he's never happy, always tired. We don't touch religious topics in are conversations because we're just tired. The curious thing is that he says he knows that I'm right, that's logical for him to convert to the religion of the majority, but I understand how extremely hard this is for him . He lives with the guilt of being different, but he needs so much strength to be able to let go of his believes, the believes of his family, and that part of his nation and identity. He wants us to be together, he knows what he has to do, he's living a crisis, he needs so much prayers.
Thank you all again. I will be praying for all your intentions as well .
God bless

Sent from my LG-M250 using Tapatalk

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 2 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • vickycruzlopez, XavierSem
You are not seeking advice but rather prayers, so I should shut my mouth. I wasn’t here/saw your posts previously. Obviously, you see things as you want to see them so I won't tell you otherwise. However, this line just sent shivers down my spine:

He lives with the guilt of being different, but he needs so much strength to be able to let go of his believes, the believes of his family, and that part of his nation and identity.

If you want someone to “let go” of such a major part of himself, that’s usually a sign to move on. It is beyond wrong to expect someone to shed something so entrenched to their being so that you can benefit. Yes, his soul would benefit too, but that is not your intention here after all. You want to be more with him than well, the sake of his soul, as your priority for conversion. I understand this is a Catholic forum but with that phrasing, it doesn’t sit right with me.

I have experience in all of this area, just so you know. “The guilt of being different?” I grew up a Latin-rite Catholic in the Russian Federation. That’s different and considered suspicious or foreign. Orthodoxy was all around but we never converted “out of guilt” or “feeling different” but rather because we knew (my mother did, mainly) the Truth and true religion. I understand you are young, and he must be as well, because such a “guilt of being different” is immature. 

Secondly, my father was a Russian Orthodox convert to Catholicism. He converted so that he could marry my mother as that was one of her stipulations for a suitor. Sure, their marriage has worked out but he’s never truly left Orthodoxy. It’s become more apparent over the years and definitely, as I got older and entered into a similar issue with my own spouse. When I ask him why does he keep peeking into Orthodoxy, he says, it is in his heart and part of Russian identity. So, there’s been decades of internal conflict in my father over faith that I didn’t know.

Thirdly, I am Catholic and married a convert to Orthodoxy. We’re both Russian. He was first exposed to Catholicism but Orthodoxy emerged because of his nation, his culture and the people around him. He studied a lot (the differences between the two faiths) but there was an impetus to side on his national faith. There are points where he doesn’t agree with Catholicism, and never will. The only thing that has really saved us is that we are of the same nationality and that nationality is steeped in Orthodoxy so I was aware of its practices. I will state openly that it hasn’t been easy for two religions in one house. Obviously, you want your Ukrainian to convert to Catholicism, and perhaps there’s a Byzantine solution for the both of you, but I would never push for conversion, even of my husband, because I wanted something temporal.

You said that you don’t have religious discussions because you’re just tired. That’s good. When I was in the early stages of dating my husband, I received wise advice here. As someone with skin in the game (wanting something to go a certain way) and being unqualified in theology or conversion, it would be ill advised to attempt to convert my then-boyfriend. I was advised to have my love-interest speak with a priest in case of any questions of the faith, not me. So guide your friend to a priest. You are not qualified to handle a major conversion of faith. Especially one that leads to a break with someone's familial beliefs, which, as you can understand, will cause more issues/crisis going forward were you to marry.

Just because you keep coming together or your paths crossing, it doesn’t mean that you are right for each other. If you expect someone to change so much and it causes long-term distress (over 2 years of dating + he’s in crisis), that’s a sign you are forcing something. That's for you two to decide and you guys obviously want to be together, but again, youth.

My apologies to say this all on a prayer request thread but I couldn’t let that statement sit. For the sake of the purity of this thread, if you feel a need to reply to me, send me a Private Message, instead of a reply here.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Zubr's post:
  • XavierSem
Continued prayers for the conversion of souls especially for lapsed Catholics to return to the Catholic religion and faith.
[-] The following 1 user Likes puernatus's post:
  • XavierSem
Please pray for the conversion of my wife. She is an atheist and has a strong aversion to my practice of the faith. I offer every single rosary and chaplet I recite for her conversion and by extension for my children to be reared in the faith, but I could still use the extra prayers.

God bless.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • XavierSem
Please add my dear friend Mariam to the list for conversions. She is Islamic, but has a deep respect, even love, for the TLM - has been several times with me and loved it,  keeps (and uses?) a Rosary and wears several medals I gave her over the years. She definitely finds the Catholic Faith a good thing but she also doesn't see (or want to see?) the bad side of Islam, so I think she hasn't reached the tipping point yet. Please pray that she finds the impulse to talk to a priest and resolve her doubts.
Verbis defectis, musica incipit.

"Music is God's gift to man, the only art of Heaven given to earth, the only art of earth we take to Heaven." -- Walter Savage Landor
[-] The following 1 user Likes AgnusDei1989's post:
  • XavierSem
Please keep my Mother in your prayers. By the Grace of God, she's still Catholic, but some Protestant relatives have been confusing her about Mother Mary. She is having a strong aversion to saying the family Rosary together, which is such a tragedy; she says she still loves Mother Mary, though, believes in the Eucharist and goes to Holy Mass.

Please keep her in your prayers. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for her.
TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING: My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with your most precious Blood and your sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the intention of your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices, and the sufferings of my entire life for ... https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/