Modernist/Liberal priests in my parish....teach and preach serious errors!?
Yesterday during a sermon our parish priest said to us and to first communicants that the only thing that can separate us from Eucharist is: 
1. If the priest doesn’t show up or if…
2. We stop going to Church. And he said that sin does not separate us from God.  ???

I am going to email Bishop about this modernist/liberal thinking. This priest doesn’t know basic Theology.  No wonder there is no young people in our parish (few) and they don’t go to Church. It’s because they lost Sanctifying Grace somewhere, sometime and are unable to practice their faith anymore.
Two other priest before this one…One was having a sermon and he said that he was very upset with the Church because they don’t accept gay marriage yet AND the other priest was  saying during sermon that women strippers have to make money to live/survive and that it was ok; but he incorporated this into his sermon about love and you know the rest, blah, blah, blah.
I feel your pain. We experienced a "temporary" priest a couple of years ago when our pastor left suddenly for personal reasons. The temporary priest was semi-retired, and worked all over the diocese filling in as needed. He said things like "I worked in palliative care and I can tell you redemptive suffering is garbage", and declared at our youngest daughter's baptism (who was baptized along with another baby girl) that he hopes women's ordination will happen before they're grown up.

I still want to write to the bishop but don't want to be the sh*t disturber. But it bothered me tremendously when he would say outrageous things, and all the heads around us would nod.
It seems like under Francis, the Church is reverting back to the 1970's.  I wasn't alive then, but from what I've heard, this sounds eerily similar.
(05-09-2016, 04:44 PM)PrairieMom Wrote: I still want to write to the bishop but don't want to be the sh*t disturber. But it bothered me tremendously when he would say outrageous things, and all the heads around us would nod.

Pleeeeease, disturb the shit!
(05-09-2016, 08:26 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 04:44 PM)PrairieMom Wrote: I still want to write to the bishop but don't want to be the sh*t disturber. But it bothered me tremendously when he would say outrageous things, and all the heads around us would nod.

Pleeeeease, disturb the sh**!

I find it hard to believe that the bishop doesn't already know, considering the profile of this particular priest. You get to the point where you kinda feel, "no one else cares, so why should I?"
And he said that sin does not separate us from God.  ???

In one sense the priest is right. Because of His omnipresence God is everywhere. He is even present in Hell. The damned know this and this adds to their torments.