What do you do for exercise?
I'm trying to come up with different ideas for exercise, other than walking or the elliptical. What do you guys do?
I go to bootcamp at my gym, 530AM class before my body realizes I am up and knows whats its doing  :grin:
I crack open a beer and do 12 oz curls in front of the TV.  :LOL:    (It's a joke y'all.  Funny, that is.)

I like to get out and hike, look at nature stuff.  Or go play soccer with the boys.  My attention span doesn't let me do elliptical machines.
(05-16-2016, 12:52 AM)introvert Wrote: I'm trying to come up with different ideas for exercise, other than walking or the elliptical. What do you guys do?

If you work in a building with an elevator, always take the stairs at work. And never use the washroom on your own floor.  Some days the stairs is the only exercise I get. 

What does Bootcamp involve Capt? Is that mostly cardio?
Bootcamp is great! If it weren't for finances, I'd go to bootcamp all the time!

Bootcamp is mostly weight lifting, and it induces cardio. I've lost inches doing it (not so much weight), but it's great for building strength. My posture is so much better from it.
I renovate my house and do yardwork.

Does that count?

(a gym membership might be cheaper... although not as satisfying!)
(05-16-2016, 02:17 PM)PrairieMom Wrote: I renovate my house and do yardwork.

Does that count?

(a gym membership might be cheaper... although not as satisfying!)

I thought you were a home school mom. That's a good workout buddy itself! :grin:

I'd also count home renovations; I'm waiting for a break in the weather to refinish my deck.
Home renovation counts. If that counts, does gardening count? I'm going to have to haul dirt and till rows soon.
I think some gardening counts - if you do the hard work yourself.  :)

I lift children - 40+ pounds each twenty to thirty times a day, run up and down the stairs dealing with emergencies, and do normal housework.  That's all I've got going on.  Oh - and we walk the dog when the weather is OK.  It's been raining for 5 days straight (it's cold and miserable), so the dog has been going in the backyard and coming in quickly.  In winter, if it's too cold, I won't take the kids out with me to walk her.  I figure if it's illegal for kids to be outside for recess at school, I probably shouldn't have them out walking the dog either. 
Tai Chi, pushups, yard work, house work,  a little yoga, a little walking.  And, to reward myself for my excellent behavior, beer and Doritos! :grin: :grin: