Yet another reason I refuse to "vape"
Pics in the article.  Y'all've been warned. :puke:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/19/health/exp...index.html

Quote:Kenneth Barbero of Albany, NY was enjoying a nice millennial vaping session when the hand-held device he was using blew up in his face; knocking out teeth, ripping a hole in his tongue and leaving his hands covered in burns.

"[It was] like an M80 bomb went off in my mouth," Barbero told CNN affiliate WTEN through understandably muffled speech.

Barbero's mother told WTEN she thinks the vaporizer's battery exploded. "The battery had exploded inside and everything shot out...went into his mouth and burned everything," she said.

When it comes to vaping accidents, these explosions seem to be a common thread: Earlier in May, an Alabama teen was burned after a classmate's e-cigarette exploded and sent a hot battery flying into his face. In February 2016, dramatic gas station security footage showed a man's leg being engulfed by flames, an apparent result of another e-cigarette explosion.

The list goes on and on, but according to a representative from the Tobacco Vapor Electronic Cigarette Association, the occurrence is both rare and preventable.
Quote:Sounds like the tobacco industry sponsored studies, "Doctors recommend Marlboro."  :LOL:
"It's not so much an issue of the e-vapor product but with the lithium batteries they are using, and most are mismatched to the charger," TVECA's Tom Kiklas told CNN in February.

If you want to vape and ensure all of your facial features stay attached, Kiklas recommends using only the batteries and charging accessories that come with or are made for the product. He also advises against putting any e-cigarette device in pockets, since coins can rub against the device and short-circuit the lithium battery.

Plus it makes you look goofy. 
I'm going to pass this along to my boyfriend. He vapes in order to stave off the craving for cigarettes, and I'm very proud of him. He has cut down all the way to a vape with zero nicotine content, or absolute trace amounts of it. I vaped a small container and a half of e-liquid out of curiosity when I found that it came in nicotine free varieties (I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke, and the health drawbacks creep me out), but I decided to stop because I wasn't using it to wean off smoking or anything. I just don't want this happening to my boyfriend.
At that point he should quit altogether.

You could remind him how the vaporette looks like that thing Cruella DeVille smoked in "101 Dalmations."
My concern about vaping is that the chemicals in the things, just where do they come from?
I accept that each person has the right to make their own decisions, but do you really want to deeply inhale something that was made in a little factory somewhere in China?
Nasal snuff is the way to go. I stopped smoking by vaping, and I'll stop vaping by putting tobacco in my nose. I'm serious. Our grandmothers did it.
(05-24-2016, 12:51 AM)JohnTherese Wrote: Nasal snuff is the way to go. I stopped smoking by vaping, and I'll stop vaping by putting tobacco in my nose. I'm serious. Our grandmothers did it.

What's the next step after that? Snuff still causes cancer, albeit different kinds of cancers that smoking.
(05-24-2016, 12:51 AM)JohnTherese Wrote: Nasal snuff is the way to go. I stopped smoking by vaping, and I'll stop vaping by putting tobacco in my nose. I'm serious. Our grandmothers did it.

I'd suggest just quit cold turkey.  Chew gum or mint leaves.  I was a 1 1/2 pack/day smoker and it worked for me.  You'll save money and feel healthier. 

The added benefit is that once you quit, if you have difficult co-workers, you can walk in on a Monday, kick the dog with them, then say "Sorry I'm being such a *&%$#@ today.  I fell off the non-smoking wagon over the weekend (*wink, nod*) so I'm going through withdrawal again. :LOL:
This thread reminds me of this:

Anyway, I really agree that one should stop smoking habitually.