Receiving Holy Communion after this happens?
I went to Confession yesterday night. I walk up quite early in the morning than I was supposed to wake up. By this time I am sure it had been a few seconds since I had woken up but I am sure I was not yet fully conscious about it and certain impure thoughts started to occur for a few seconds. I also basically had what would be Noctural emission shortly afterwards.

I am wondering if I should allow myself to receive Holy Communion later on today. I am pretty sure I did not commiy a mortal sin since although I was technically awake when this happened I did not have the full consciousness until shortly after these thoughts had occured.

However I think it is mostly given the fact I had "nocturnal emission." I saw someone once post something about Saint Thomas Aquinas saying that we shouldn't receive after this happens due to it not being proper and respectful. Is this true? Should I not receive?
If things happened as you described, then you're ok. Sometimes, we can fall into a bit of denial about the willfulness of our thoughts and actions though, so be sure to spend a bit of time in prayer to discern what to do.  Maybe things really were as you described, and you're free to receive communion. Whether you "have to" or not, it wouldn't hurt to ask the priest to hear your confession before Mass.
Did you freely entertain them for lustful purposes, or did they just come into your head unbidden and then leave?

Be careful that you don't get or remain scrupulous. You need full consent of the will for a mortal sin. There is a clear difference between entertaining impure thoughts for a lustful reaction and having a passing thought that is impure in nature. You may find that you get attacked with impure and/or blasphemous thoughts while praying. That is not something you entertain, but something that happens because the devil wants to distract and/or disturb you.

I respectfully disagree with Credidi Propter on this point: "Whether you "have to" or not, it wouldn't hurt to ask the priest to hear your confession before Mass." If you have scrupulous tendencies, this would actually hurt you spiritually. Asking a priest to hear your Confession before Mass, "just in case," only serves to keep the scrupulous cycle going. You need to have a regular confessor, tell him you have scruples (if this is something you have), and obey what he says completely. That's the primary way to get rid of the beast, along with prayer and trust. All anxiety or outright fear stems from a lack of trust.

I think you should read this and follow what it says: http://www.fisheaters.com/scruples.html
(05-29-2016, 11:02 AM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: However I think it is mostly given the fact I had "nocturnal emission." I saw someone once post something about Saint Thomas Aquinas saying that we shouldn't receive after this happens due to it not being proper and respectful. Is this true? Should I not receive?

FWIW, in St. Peter Morrone's--aka Pope St. Celestine V's--memoirs (reproduced in Medieval Hagiography: an Anthology, edited by Thomas Head) he talks about how he became scrupulous about this issue and whether or not he should receive communion afterward. Then, he had a dream where he he was tied to a donkey, and he was leading the donkey up a mountain towards a beautiful church. The donkey kept defecating on its way up. Peter decided he should not enter the church with the donkey as its feces would soil the church, but he could not leave it outside.  Then Christ appeared in priestly garments and encouraged him to enter the church, but Peter explained to Him why he felt he could not.  Christ then said something to the effect of, "what is it to Me if the donkey merely does what is natural to it?" and so Peter and his donkey entered the church with a clean conscience.  Peter wrote that after that dream, he no longer worried about such emissions.