National Donut Day!!!!
I just learned this myself, and being a fan of the noble donut, figured I should share. Here's an article listing where to get free donuts:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nati.../85298904/

Enjoy! Mmmmmmm.... donuts.
Dunkin Donuts recently moved into our part of the state.  I got a jelly donut and a 25 pack of chocolate munchkins for Fontevrault.  :grin:
Fontevrault ate enough munchkins to make herself a little sick and then gave the rest away to hubby and children.  :grin:
(06-04-2016, 10:49 AM)Pilgrim Wrote: Dunkin Donuts recently moved into our part of the state.  I got a jelly donut and a 25 pack of chocolate munchkins for Fontevrault.  :grin:

Dunkin Donuts is good, but Krispy Kreme...

Don't come between me and Krispy Kreme. Especially if the "Hot Now" sign is on. 25 pack? Seriously? Are you trying to make her go into glucose shock/mad at you?  :P

(06-04-2016, 10:50 AM)Fontevrault Wrote: Fontevrault ate enough munchkins to make herself a little sick and then gave the rest away to hubby and children.  :grin:

Give the chocolate ones to the kids with espresso, then send them to visit grandma.
(06-04-2016, 04:24 PM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote: Give the chocolate ones to the kids with espresso, then send them to visit grandma.

Why is grandma getting taken down? What did she ever do to you?  :LOL:
(06-04-2016, 06:26 PM)aquinas138 Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 04:24 PM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote: Give the chocolate ones to the kids with espresso, then send them to visit grandma.

Why is grandma getting taken down? What did she ever do to you?    :LOL:

That would be my mother in law. Don't get me started. :grin:
(06-04-2016, 04:24 PM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote: Dunkin Donuts is good, but Krispy Kreme...

Are you a native Southerner, Sir Charles?  I only ask because in my experience, those who prefer Krispy Kremes tend to be Southerners.

As a New Jersey Yankee, I have nothing against Krispy Kreme (I went to college in Virginia).  Still, too much glaze messes with my system...  :grin:
Hate to be a party pooper, but Donut Day is just another invention/marketing gimmick by the donut companies to get you to buy more donuts.  Donuts are about the most unhealthy thing you can put in your body.  It is nothing but bleached flour, sugar, and chemicals deep fried in artery clogging oil.  It's a guaranteed time bomb to a heart attack.

Here's an anecdote I wanted to share here.  There's apparently a market for used oil from fast food joints - I refuse to call them actual restaurants.  An oil recycling company would come and pick up oil from these fast food places, like KFC, Burger King, etc., but not donut places.  Why not, you ask?  Because there ain't no oil left at those places - the donuts have soaked up all the oil, so there's no oil left to recycle!  Just think about that the next time you're about to put a donut in your mouth.

I'm sorry, but donuts are the devil's temptation.
(06-05-2016, 12:24 PM)Pilgrim Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 04:24 PM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote: Dunkin Donuts is good, but Krispy Kreme...

Are you a native Southerner, Sir Charles?  I only ask because in my experience, those who prefer Krispy Kremes tend to be Southerners.

As a New Jersey Yankee, I have nothing against Krispy Kreme (I went to college in Virginia).  Still, too much glaze messes with my system...  :grin:

I am indeed. Lived in VA most of my life. As a NJ native, would you be offended if I said I don't like Bon Jovi?
(06-05-2016, 01:55 PM)AllSeasons Wrote: Hate to be a party pooper, but Donut Day is just another invention/marketing gimmick by the donut companies to get you to buy more donuts.  Donuts are about the most unhealthy thing you can put in your body.  It is nothing but bleached flour, sugar, and chemicals deep fried in artery clogging oil.  It's a guaranteed time bomb to a heart attack.

Here's an anecdote I wanted to share here.  There's apparently a market for used oil from fast food joints - I refuse to call them actual restaurants.  An oil recycling company would come and pick up oil from these fast food places, like KFC, Burger King, etc., but not donut places.  Why not, you ask?  Because there ain't no oil left at those places - the donuts have soaked up all the oil, so there's no oil left to recycle!  Just think about that the next time you're about to put a donut in your mouth.

I'm sorry, but donuts are the devil's temptation.

I know it's a gimmick, but they're donuts. Irresistible. If eating a donut is wrong, then brother, I don't wanna be right! :LOL:

Although I truly don't eat them very often, because of the health reasons.