National Donut Day!!!!
(06-05-2016, 02:16 PM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote: I am indeed. Lived in VA most of my life. As a NJ native, would you be offended if I said I don't like Bon Jovi?

Well, given that my lady wife has given you a good character, I am willing to overlook this particular flaw.  :grin:
(06-05-2016, 01:55 PM)AllSeasons Wrote: I'm sorry, but donuts are the devil's temptation.

Ahhh, dietary scrupulosity...  :eyeroll:
I eat donuts as a rare treat.

1) Donut Day: Got a free pink one with rainbow sprinkles.
2) Hospital café: stuffing my face with Timmy Ho's as a way to deal. 
3) One word: pączki.  Eat a box and watch the ceiling swirl.

We made donuts once in our air fryer.  A lot less calories by the recipe but a bad idea because the easy ability to eat them = make more.
I have a donut maker  that I use rarely because of the same thing!  :)
(06-06-2016, 12:03 AM)Zubr Wrote: 3) One word: pączki.  Eat a box and watch the ceiling swirl.

This.  I don't know what it is about them, but they're like Woodstock in deep fried form.
(06-06-2016, 10:15 AM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 12:03 AM)Zubr Wrote: 3) One word: pączki.  Eat a box and watch the ceiling swirl.

This.  I don't know what it is about them, but they're like Woodstock in deep fried form.
Lucy in the Sky with Donuts?  :grin:
(06-06-2016, 12:03 AM)Zubr Wrote: 2) Hospital café: stuffing my face with Timmy Ho's as a way to deal. 

This. We ate copious amounts of donuts when our kid was is the hospital all those years ago. Timmies.... mmmm....

Then my SIL got me onto Guildy's cheese danishes at HSC in Winnipeg. I think I've gained 2 lbs just thinking about them.
(06-06-2016, 10:19 AM)Share Love Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 10:15 AM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote:

Lucy in the Sky with Donuts?  :grin:

White Glaze, by Krispy Cream.

Come to think of it, I like to spell 'donuts' as 'doughnuts'

It seemed more delicious-looking to have the word 'dough' along with the 'nut' :eats:

Now I am craving for Krispy Kreme doughnuts. (Accursed be my obesity!)
(06-06-2016, 11:34 AM)Neopelagianus Wrote: Come to think of it, I like to spell 'donuts' as 'doughnuts'

Me too usually. I think "donuts" should be pronounced "dew-nuts" instead of "doh-nuts". Doughnuts makes more sense from an orthography perspective.

Either way, it's a weird word.