Do the Amish vote?
I got a weird request for a donation today.  It is all based in getting the Amish to turn out in droves in both Pennsylvania and Ohio.  Do the Amish vote?  It's just a weird email that I append here.

Quote:Dear Patriotic American,

I know it may sound crazy but an increase of Amish voter turnout in November would spell VERY bad news for Hillary Clinton.

Amish voters stand in the way of Hillary Clinton's path to the White House.

The reason is simple... When Amish folks vote, they vote for everything Hillary Clinton and the democrats oppose: protecting the unborn, gun rights, religious freedom, less taxes and less government.

And here's where it really gets bad for Hillary and the democrats...

Nearly the entire Amish population of the United States is concentrated in the pivotal swing states of Ohio and right here in Pennsylvania.

Ohio and Pennsylvania have about 60,000 Amish residents each. And the 2016 presidential election is likely to come down to just a few thousand votes in either state or both.

I have lived in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in the heart of Amish country my whole life.

I was raised Amish although I no longer am.

I now proudly serve my community as CEO of a small business that builds Amish horse barns.

Amish PAC is the first and only organization dedicated to beating Hillary Clinton in 2016 by registering and turning out Amish voters in crucial swing states. We are confident that the strategy will be succesful because it has been succesful in the past.

In 2004, the Bush campaign's outreach efforts succesfully doubled registration of Amish and Mennonite voters. Turnout was huge too. The day after the election, a local newspaper reported, "Amish come out to vote in record numbers."

The record Amish turnout surely helped Bush win Ohio by a razor thin 2.1%. Because he won Ohio, Bush reached the 270 electoral votes he needed to be re-elected.

Bush's campaign has become a case study for the importance of the Amish vote for Republicans in presidential elections. Unfortunately, conservatives and Republican campaigns have done very little Amish outreach since then.

If you agree that we need to register and turn out Amish voters in 2016, please read no further and let me know right away by making a symbolic donation of $20.16.

In the heat of the general election, swing state voters in Ohio and Pennsylvania will be blanketed with round-the-clock ads on every channel.

Millions of dollars will be flushed away on ineffective TV and internet ads that just get lost in the political noise.

Amish PAC has no use for internet and television advertising because the voters we're targeting don't use the internet or watch television.

Amish PAC has an ambitious ad campaign planned and it's two-pronged: Newspapers and Billboards.

Because Amish voters are largely "off-the-grid" and inaccessible to most forms of advertising, the newspapers and locations of billboards will be strategically hand-selected to reach them.

Will you chip in $20.16 towards our newspaper/billboard ad campaign?

For a fraction of what a Fox News TV commercial costs, you and I have the opportunity to turn out thousands of the most deeply conservative voters in two of the most crucial swing states.

Not only is it a good bang for your buck... it's also a good recipe for defeating Hillary Clinton.

There are many conservative groups who can turn out conservative votes but only Amish PAC can unlock new conservative votes. Are you with us?

I hope you'll send a symbolic donation of $20.16 to put towards our newspapers and billboards.

Time is of the essense, and our team needs to get our newspaper and billboard ads booked right away!

God Bless,

Ben King
Outreach Director
Amish PAC
As a rule, I didn't think they did because they tend to not participate in anything to do with government, but I don't think there's a prohibition per se.

That being said, if they're voting against Clinton, that means they're going to vote for Trump? Because I don't see that going well either...
(06-09-2016, 05:39 PM)PrairieMom Wrote: That being said, if they're voting against Clinton, that means they're going to vote for Trump? Because I don't see that going well either...

Yeah, I find myself unable to even hold my nose and vote for Mr. Trump.  I'll look at the down ticket races very seriously, but right now, I'm leaving "President" blank...
(06-09-2016, 08:38 PM)Pilgrim Wrote:
(06-09-2016, 05:39 PM)PrairieMom Wrote: That being said, if they're voting against Clinton, that means they're going to vote for Trump? Because I don't see that going well either...

Yeah, I find myself unable to even hold my nose and vote for Mr. Trump.  I'll look at the down ticket races very seriously, but right now, I'm leaving "President" blank...

I'm not thrilled with any of the candidates this year. Part of me wants to vote for Trump because he's not Clinton, and part of me wants to write in "Sir Chuck, Grand Royal Poop of Turd Island, HRH, Esq, etc" running on the Northern Virginia Fishermen Ovine Liberation Front. Or some other nonsense.

Shocked, I'm sure. :grin: