The Vitamin that Protects Us From the Four Most Common Cancers...
(06-12-2016, 01:24 AM)Zubr Wrote: Due to my organ damage, my body can't synthesize Vitamin D so I get special medication.  To add to this, I have photoallergies caused by some medications so I can't spend a lot of time in the sun.  I guess my two cents is that to make sure you're aware of your own health conditions before increasing your Vit D intake.  Other than that, it's a great little vitamin.

Excellent advise, indeed.

Most health discussions center around the assumption that one is in average health, but those who may be ill, must take precautions when applying any kind of health advise.
(06-12-2016, 12:21 AM)Zedta Wrote: As for Zinc Oxide, it is very low in toxicity and is a good barrier to sunlight. Its the stuff, that white band, you see the life guards wearing on their noses. Very effective and cheap, but messy and most preparations are oily.

Better a little oily mess than an internal mess that many (most??) commercial sunscreens can put you at risk of, eh?
(06-12-2016, 02:58 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 12:21 AM)Zedta Wrote: As for Zinc Oxide, it is very low in toxicity and is a good barrier to sunlight. Its the stuff, that white band, you see the life guards wearing on their noses. Very effective and cheap, but messy and most preparations are oily.

Better a little oily mess than an internal mess that many (most??) commercial sunscreens can put you at risk of, eh?

Yes indeed, J Michael, my friend and Monarch of the Understatement! [usually!]