Cardinal Sarah announces Pope Francis asks for "reform of the reform"
"When I was received in audience by the Holy Father last April, Pope Francis asked me to study the question of a reform of a reform and of how to enrich the two forms of the Roman rite. This will be a delicate work and I ask for your patience and prayers. But if we are to implement Sacrosanctum Concilium more faithfully, if we are to achieve what the Council desired, this is a serious question which must be carefully studied and acted on with the necessary clarity and prudence. (Cardinal Sarah)"

He also asked priest to begin celebrating Mass "ad orientem" this Advent!

http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/201...3w9QPmGPcc

C.
(07-05-2016, 07:09 PM)Cetil Wrote: "When I was received in audience by the Holy Father last April, Pope Francis asked me to study the question of a reform of a reform and of how to enrich the two forms of the Roman rite. This will be a delicate work and I ask for your patience and prayers. But if we are to implement Sacrosanctum Concilium more faithfully, if we are to achieve what the Council desired, this is a serious question which must be carefully studied and acted on with the necessary clarity and prudence. (Cardinal Sarah)"

C.

I wonder what the reaction would be if all the priest starting facing ad orientem. I bet there would  be widespread pandemonium and outrage..
(07-05-2016, 08:53 PM)Silouan Wrote:
(07-05-2016, 07:09 PM)Cetil Wrote: "When I was received in audience by the Holy Father last April, Pope Francis asked me to study the question of a reform of a reform and of how to enrich the two forms of the Roman rite. This will be a delicate work and I ask for your patience and prayers. But if we are to implement Sacrosanctum Concilium more faithfully, if we are to achieve what the Council desired, this is a serious question which must be carefully studied and acted on with the necessary clarity and prudence. (Cardinal Sarah)"

C.

I wonder what the reaction would be if all the priest starting facing ad orientem. I bet there would  be widespread pandemonium and outrage..

I agree. And I'd pay to see it. :)
Fascinating. This Advent? I too would pay to see it.  To prevent a parishioner freak out most of them would need a fairly detailed  explanation before it could happen. 

I'll be sending the good Cardinal lots of prayers.
"Mutual enrichment" is a Hegelian dialectic: thesis + antithesis results in synthesis.  But good wine plus poison results in death. No good can come from contaminating the traditional sacraments with Vatican II modernism.
Bishop Dominique Marie Jean Rey who is attending the conference announced this:
"Your Eminence, I am only one bishop of one diocese in the south of France. But in response to your appeal I wish to announce now, that certainly on the last Sunday of Advent of this year in my celebration of the Holy Eucharist at my cathedral, and on other occasions as appropriate, I shall celebrate ad orientem—towards the Lord who comes. Before Advent I shall address a letter to my priests and people on this question to explain my action. I shall encourage them to follow my example. I shall ask them to receive my personal testimony, as the chief pastor of the diocese, in the spirit of one who wishes to call his people to rediscover the primacy of grace in their liturgical celebrations through this practice. I shall explain that this change will help us to recall the essential nature of Christian worship: that it must always be oriented to the Lord."

C.
(07-05-2016, 11:01 PM)Cetil Wrote: Bishop Dominique Marie Jean Rey who is attending the conference announced this:
"Your Eminence, I am only one bishop of one diocese in the south of France. But in response to your appeal I wish to announce now, that certainly on the last Sunday of Advent of this year in my celebration of the Holy Eucharist at my cathedral, and on other occasions as appropriate, I shall celebrate ad orientem—towards the Lord who comes. Before Advent I shall address a letter to my priests and people on this question to explain my action. I shall encourage them to follow my example. I shall ask them to receive my personal testimony, as the chief pastor of the diocese, in the spirit of one who wishes to call his people to rediscover the primacy of grace in their liturgical celebrations through this practice. I shall explain that this change will help us to recall the essential nature of Christian worship: that it must always be oriented to the Lord."

C.

If facing east is worship "towards the Lord who comes" and "the primacy of grace" is obtained by conducting "their liturgical celebrations" with "this practice," then why is this bishop going to do this only on the last Sunday of Advent and why is he going to merely "encourage [his priests] to follow [his] example"? 
So we'll maybe have an added rubric that on one Sunday a year, the priest worships the proper way. How about let's start with the entirety of Advent. Maybe that would do a bit more to get people used to the idea. Either way, ad orientem is only a very small piece of the puzzle. Let's also hope that they don't mess with TLM. If anything, TLM only needs minor tweaks at best.
It's pretty mind blowing that, what, 50 years after Sacrosanctum Concilium, people have to suggest that people should follow the rubrics. The rubrics already assume the priest is in ad orientem.
[-] The following 1 user Likes In His Love's post:
  • Cetil
(07-06-2016, 09:52 AM)In His Love Wrote: It's pretty mind blowing that, what, 50 years after Sacrosanctum Concilium, people have to suggest that people should follow the rubrics. The rubrics already assume the priest is in ad orientem.

Yep, it is. However, it's never specifically mentioned. It tells the priest to turn to face the people (which obviously means ad orientem), however, there's nowhere in the rubric that says that you must be ad orientem. It's one of the many silly loopholes in the NO.