What does your spirituality look like?
(07-09-2016, 09:19 AM)Renatus Frater Wrote: The lambs are probably associated with a particular saint. One could also think of him as a juicy steak.

The milk should be pretty easy, and the fact that its related to the (Spanish) cake should also decipher the cake.
Lambs...Saint...steak...  ???
:LOL: yes

to be fair, these are pretty subjective association.

OK Renatus, I've never read "To cook a Saint" but you've got me interested.

Anyway, my spirituality is somewhat Dominican, imagine that. I do a lot of spiritual reading and much of my prayer is more intellectual in nature. I like to think I'm rather eclectic so I don't necessarily stick to just Roman Catholic stuff, occasionally I will venture into Eastern stuff or at times even things from my protestant days though only if it doesn't conflict with the church.

I like to pray the Divine Office (Divino Afflatu version), I am trying to have a devotion to the Rosary but I stink at it. I wear a Miraculous medal, a St. Benedict medal, and occasionally a Brown Scapular.

I have a great devotion to Our Lady in several forms. I also have devotions to St. Dominic Savio who is my patron, St Michael and my guardian angel because angels are just cool, St. Thomas Aquinas, and many others. I'm really praying for Mother Angelica's canonization as well.

Overall I just try to focus on consecrating everything I do and doing it as best I can.
The Rosary has always been the center of my prayer life, it really changed my life when I started praying it daily way back. At work, and in between rosaries I pray the Jesus Prayer, and in the evenings I pray it with prostrations. I pray the psalms whenever free to, although I don't pray them according to any 'rule,' I just chronologically pray them from my Bible over and over. I have tried praying the Office, but I have not got into a good rhythm with it yet. On Vigils I try to keep a vigil to prepare for the upcoming feast, usually alternating between prostrations and psalms until I get too tired. Following the calendar of feasts and saints also helps with prayer, while learning about the saints it is important to build a relationship with them I think, for the forces of evil are are eager for the demise of our souls, so the more saints we can ask to help us in this fight the better.
I pray the morning & evening prayers from my missal and pray the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary. I try to say the Rosary every day as well. Sometimes I will wear a crucifix or a miraculous medal. I'm very devoted to the Blessed Virgin, but I pray to St. Alphonsus Liguori and St. Thomas Aquinas pretty often as well.
I pray the Joyful, Sorrowful, and Glorious Mysteries, one set in the morning, one midday-ish, and the other early evening.
I pray the Hymns for Lauds, Terce, Sext, Nones, Vespers, and Compline, at the appropriate times.
Mass when one is offered, otherwise a Visit to the Blessed Sacrament, where I pray for everyone.
I try to stay out of trouble. Confession about 1 every 2 weeks.
I read the gospel of the Mass of the day.
I read the Seasonal Lessons of the day.
In between, my daily-failed goal is to give thanks to God, for the good things, for the indifferent things (I try to find some good in these), and for the crosses, offered.

Sounds like a lot, until you see how bad I am at it all.

Renatus: chocolate cake = brown scapular? Carmelite devotions?
(07-09-2016, 02:59 PM)maldon Wrote: I pray the Joyful, Sorrowful, and Glorious Mysteries, one set in the morning, one midday-ish, and the other early evening.
I pray the Hymns for Lauds, Terce, Sext, Nones, Vespers, and Compline, at the appropriate times.
Mass when one is offered, otherwise a Visit to the Blessed Sacrament, where I pray for everyone.
I try to stay out of trouble. Confession about 1 every 2 weeks.
I read the gospel of the Mass of the day.
I read the Seasonal Lessons of the day.
In between, my daily-failed goal is to give thanks to God, for the good things, for the indifferent things (I try to find some good in these), and for the crosses, offered.

Sounds like a lot, until you see how bad I am at it all.

Renatus: chocolate cake = brown scapular? Carmelite devotions?

Yes ! Carmelites are very rich, and maybe a bit heavy, and their Marian devotion very sweet. The milk, of course, if Marian devotion, the rosary, etc.