The Vaccine that Causes Cancer
(07-27-2016, 07:16 PM)Zubr Wrote: Zedta, you sound just like my doc!  :LOL:  I'm obviously a very scared little turkey over the whole thing so anytime I see anything remotely further shocking, I worry. 

Well, my nephew just went through kidney transplant surgery. So I boned up on the stuff since I've been retired for 5 years, I've got rusty. I have a quite a varied, 42 year, carrier in the medical field. So I can wax on like the medical professional I once was. Being worried is a given, but being judicious is the key. You do everything you can do, and with a lot of prayers for the crew that will work on you and the grace of God, you get through. A vast majority do, these days. They've got this down now. The drugs and precautions are a drag, but they are effective. Do what your supposed to do and you'll be surprised how well you'll eventually feel.

(07-27-2016, 07:16 PM)Zubr Wrote: There are some days I feel it is best to just live in a plastic bubble and roll off into the sunset.  :P

Being sick, especially to the degree you must be, is not for cowards. The fact you are taking your health by the horns and not rolling off into the sunset is inspiring...it takes guts. Don't look back, look forward and get through this and heal up...your gonna feel a whole lot better soon! :w2go: Christ's Peace!!

(07-27-2016, 07:16 PM)Zubr Wrote: Zedta, you sound just like my doc!  :LOL:  I'm obviously a very scared little turkey over the whole thing so anytime I see anything remotely further shocking, I worry. 

Well, my nephew just went through kidney transplant surgery. So I boned up on the stuff since I've been retired for 5 years, I've got rusty. I have a quite a varied, 42 year, carrier in the medical field. So I can wax on like the medical professional I once was. Being worried is a given, but being judicious is the key. You do everything you can do, and with a lot of prayers for the crew that will work on you and the grace of God, you get through. A vast majority do, these days. They've got this down now. The drugs and precautions are a drag, but they are effective. Do what your supposed to do and you'll be surprised how well you'll eventually feel.

Recovery times have gotten much shorter over the years and you'll be feeling well sooner than you may think possible.

(07-27-2016, 07:16 PM)Zubr Wrote: There are some days I feel it is best to just live in a plastic bubble and roll off into the sunset.  :P

Being sick, especially to the degree you must be, is not for cowards. The fact you are taking your health by the horns and not rolling off into the sunset is inspiring...it takes guts. Don't look back, look forward and get through this and heal up...your gonna feel a whole lot better soon! :w2go: Christ's Peace!!
[/quote]
Zedta, thank you for your informed and kind comments!  It brought a smile and admittedly a few tears of joy.  Best wishes and prayers to your nephew as well!
Prayers for you, Zubr--for successful treatment with rapid recovery and few side-effects.  And prayers, too, for your doctors, that they see and understand clearly, and that their minds and hands are strong, gentle, sure, and steady. 
(07-26-2016, 02:34 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(07-26-2016, 02:14 PM)J Michael Wrote: Uh oh..... :O :O :O  There's some folk "out there" ain't gonna like you very much fer dat. :O :grin:  But I'm with ya, Z-Man!  I've been quietly campaigning against vaccination (except in very limited and almost always Third World situations where there's already poor sanitation, poor living conditions, and bad diet) for almost 30 years now.  Most people just don't want to listen, though. :eyeroll: :eyeroll:  I've SEEN the results of vaccination gone wrong, and there's also a pretty substantial body of literature "out there" documenting it that is at best pooh-poohed by the medical establishment.  Well, like the saying goes, "You can lead the horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

My son, born in England at a time when vaccinations were NOT required (as I think is still the case), never received any vaccinations whatsoever, and he's healthy as a horse.  And...he had and lived through quite well, measles, rubella, chickenpox, mumps, etc.

Ya, I've had Measles, Mumps, Chicken Pox, German Measles...all that stuff and many of my childhood friends have as well, but I know of none of these who had deleterious side effects from being infected by these 'childhood' illnesses. We must all be barbarians!!

Really, it runs both ways. I have a child with vaccine damage, but I also have a nephew who almost died from something that a vaccine could have protected him against. I'm not exaggerating for either - my daughter has severe epilepsy and autism from multiple adverse reactions to different vaccines (she has an abnormal immune system, as it turns out) and has spent much time in the hospital as a baby, and our nephew was in an induced coma and in the hospital for 3+ months, had last rites, etc about 5-6 years ago and has lasting damage to his cognitive function and continuing seizures as a result of an infection that could have been prevented.

It comes down the risk assessment of the parent - some feel better about the risks the vaccines pose, and some feel better about the risks of the diseases themselves. The vaccines were developed because those illnesses *do* pose threats, even if the majority don't appear to have lasting effects. Most people can safely be vaccinated without lasting negative effects - association isn't causality, we live in such toxic soups these days that you will never be able to pin the blame on any one product.

You can't blanket say "all vaccines are bad" just like you can't blanket say, "vaccines are safe and necessary for everyone". It simply depends on your risk tolerance - both carry risk.
(07-30-2016, 12:00 PM)PrairieMom Wrote:
(07-26-2016, 02:14 PM)J Michael Wrote: Uh oh..... :O :O :O  There's some folk "out there" ain't gonna like you very much fer dat. :O :grin:  But I'm with ya, Z-Man!  I've been quietly campaigning against vaccination (except in very limited and almost always Third World situations where there's already poor sanitation, poor living conditions, and bad diet) for almost 30 years now.  Most people just don't want to listen, though. :eyeroll: :eyeroll:  I've SEEN the results of vaccination gone wrong, and there's also a pretty substantial body of literature "out there" documenting it that is at best pooh-poohed by the medical establishment.  Well, like the saying goes, "You can lead the horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

My son, born in England at a time when vaccinations were NOT required (as I think is still the case), never received any vaccinations whatsoever, and he's healthy as a horse.  And...he had and lived through quite well, measles, rubella, chickenpox, mumps, etc.

Ya, I've had Measles, Mumps, Chicken Pox, German Measles...all that stuff and many of my childhood friends have as well, but I know of none of these who had deleterious side effects from being infected by these 'childhood' illnesses. We must all be barbarians!!

Really, it runs both ways. I have a child with vaccine damage, but I also have a nephew who almost died from something that a vaccine could have protected him against. I'm not exaggerating for either - my daughter has severe epilepsy and autism from multiple adverse reactions to different vaccines (she has an abnormal immune system, as it turns out) and has spent much time in the hospital as a baby, and our nephew was in an induced coma and in the hospital for 3+ months, had last rites, etc about 5-6 years ago and has lasting damage to his cognitive function and continuing seizures as a result of an infection that could have been prevented.

It comes down the risk assessment of the parent - some feel better about the risks the vaccines pose, and some feel better about the risks of the diseases themselves. The vaccines were developed because those illnesses *do* pose threats, even if the majority don't appear to have lasting effects. Most people can safely be vaccinated without lasting negative effects - association isn't causality, we live in such toxic soups these days that you will never be able to pin the blame on any one product.

You can't blanket say "all vaccines are bad" just like you can't blanket say, "vaccines are safe and necessary for everyone". It simply depends on your risk tolerance - both carry risk.

Well said.

Just getting out of bed in the morning has its risks, but not being aware of the stuff in the 'soup' is enough for me to avoid the inoculation if it is for some usually innocuous disease that most often is just a short period of discomfort, like chicken pox for instance or flu for another. In both these instances, BTW, one actually gets that disease, but not, hopefully, to the point of full blown sickness. However, those who are immune compromised do run that risk, especially in the 'killed' or impaired virus strains, like the Salk vaccine for polio, injection or the Sabin oral polio vaccine, which is made from attenuated virus.

The MMR vaccine has been notably troublesome for secondary effects after inoculation.
(07-30-2016, 01:47 PM)Zedta Wrote:

Well said.

Just getting out of bed in the morning has its risks, but not being aware of the stuff in the 'soup' is enough for me to avoid the inoculation if it is for some usually innocuous disease that most often is just a short period of discomfort, like chicken pox for instance or flu for another. In both these instances, BTW, one actually gets that disease, but not, hopefully, to the point of full blown sickness. However, those who are immune compromised do run that risk, especially in the 'killed' or impaired virus strains, like the Salk vaccine for polio, injection or the Sabin oral polio vaccine, which is made from attenuated virus.

The MMR vaccine has been notably troublesome for secondary effects after inoculation.

One must bear in mind, too, that the medical and pharmaceutical establishments are not necessarily paragons of charitable virtue anymore.  There are huge amounts of money to be made by convincing doctors that their patients "need"(  :eyeroll: ) all these various vaccines and assorted drugs.  Uh oh....I feel the soap box creeping under my feet! :O :grin:  I guess the long and the short of it all is that people and parents (yeah, I know, we're people too! :LOL:) need to educate themselves as much as possible about the things our doctors want to do to us and prescribe for us.  As a former colleague of mine used to say, "Get educated, not medicated". 
(07-30-2016, 02:44 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(07-30-2016, 01:47 PM)Zedta Wrote:

Well said.

One must bear in mind, too, that the medical and pharmaceutical establishments are not necessarily paragons of charitable virtue anymore.  There are huge amounts of money to be made by convincing doctors that their patients "need"(  :eyeroll: ) all these various vaccines and assorted drugs.  Uh oh....I feel the soap box creeping under my feet! :O :grin:  I guess the long and the short of it all is that people and parents (yeah, I know, we're people too! :LOL:) need to educate themselves as much as possible about the things our doctors want to do to us and prescribe for us.  As a former colleague of mine used to say, "Get educated, not medicated".

Also WELL SAID!! :clap:
Thanks, Z-Man!

Just one other thought as an addendum to what I wrote above.  Modern Western medicine excels in emergency medicine and in surgical procedures (when those are absolutely necessary, that is!).  Where it lets us all down but for the most part won't admit it is in the treatment of chronic illness.  It can keep symptoms at bay many times (sometimes just barely, sometimes more so) with the use of prescription meds (ALL of which have side-effects, many of which are extremely nasty or even fatal) but it rarely, if ever, actually cures any chronic illness.  I'll shut up now! :grin:
Everything you say is valid - I have no love for pharma, and yet I'm reliant on them for treating the illnesses in my daughter they helped create. They are not charities, but businesses. She might have been sick anyway, as she clearly has abnormal biology that caused the severity of reactions that she had, and even something as simple as gluten throws her for a loop. But would she have been as sick? Would she need 5 daily medications? Would she maybe talk in full sentences instead of the 1-2 word phrases she currently uses? I can only guess.

When measles was making it's rounds here a couple of years ago I seriously started re-thinking my anti-vax stance. My Abby can't have vaccinations anymore, and something like measles would likely kill her. My SIL had a preemie baby. Another SIL had a newborn infant, neither of those children could be vaccinated until 12 months of age. I seriously became concerned about my unvaccinated children passing illness to children and people who were vunerable. I have no illusions that vaccines are perfect - the literature is clear that most are about 80-95% effective - and there are risks. But I think the science is pretty clear that for the most serious illnesses, vaccines are one of our single greatest tools, after hand-washing. There are some vaccines that just seem plain dumb - chicken pox (very low incidence of serious side-effects to illness) and that one for cervical cancer (90% avoidable by lifestyle choices), for example - but for diseases like polio and measles the price of the cure is worth it to me.

(07-30-2016, 01:47 PM)Zedta Wrote: The MMR vaccine has been notably troublesome for secondary effects after inoculation.

My daughter had trouble with both the DaTP and the MMR+varicella. My other kids that have had those (my little one has yet to receive any) did fine with the MMR, but my son had trouble with the DaTP on his second dose. Neither have had varicella. I had the TP recently, as I needed a tetanus update when I stepped on a problematic piece of metal shrapnel. It may have influenced my yet-undiagnosed autoimmune flare, but there was a lapse of a couple of months between innoculation and the peak of my symptoms. But the disease itself isn't new, it's been pre-existing for probably 10-12 years from what I can gather.

(07-30-2016, 02:44 PM)J Michael Wrote: As a former colleague of mine used to say, "Get educated, not medicated". 

I have to admit, I'm a bit irked at the insinuation that those who choose medication are somehow not educated. I think I am very well educated on the topic, having dealt with the effects of immunization gone horribly wrong for the past 10 years, and having sat on the anti-vax side of the debate for many years.  While there are a grotesque amount of people who vaccinate because that's what done, it's what's recommended, and don't examine the issue in depth, etc, there are probably almost as many who have valiantly done the research, asked the questions, have had the conversations and have opted to take the calculated risk of vaccination anyway.