The SSPX to be given personal prelature?
(07-30-2016, 10:39 AM)Miriam_M Wrote:
(07-30-2016, 10:30 AM)PrairieMom Wrote: Who are "the Resistance"? I'm not familiar with that term applied to any group. (for curiousity's sake)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSPX_Resistance

Quote: The SSPX Resistance is a loosely organized group of Traditionalist Catholics that grew out of the concern that the dialogue between the Society of St. Pius X and the Holy See was leading the Society of St. Pius X to accept the Second Vatican Council as a condition of the Society's recognition by Rome. The SSPX Resistance has continued to celebrate the Tridentine Mass and the traditional form of the Sacraments throughout the world, though independent of the institutional Catholic Church and the Society of St. Pius X. They see themselves as holding true to the founding principles of Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, opposing any drift towards liberalism and modernism perceived within the Society.

In general, they are hard line about any accord with Rome -- unless and until Rome herself renounces the errors of V2 and cleans house with respect to hierarchy still holding incongruous beliefs about Roman Catholicism.

Members of The Resistance make a point of removing themselves from any "taint" of diocesan involvement, which in some cases would include refusing to borrow diocesan churches for liturgies, etc.  IOW, they're pretty much separatists in the way they operate.  My understanding is that The Resistance considers the mainstream SSPX (+Fellay and Company) to be "sell-outs" to the Conciliar Sect.

I am not a Society person myself, but I have friends who are.  (They're SSPX, not Resistance.)  SSPX is not super-local to me, and I have, in my opinion, a superior trad alternative.  I've just had to do some reading on the issue myself.

Thank-you! That's connected a whole lotta dots for me!

Messages In This Thread
Re: The SSPX to be given personal prelature? - by PrairieMom - 07-30-2016, 11:44 AM