A Response to ISIS
Christina Shabo was born under a tree in a refugee camp after her family fled bombing in their Iraqi hometown in 1991.

Several of her relatives have been killed by the Islamic State – one who's body was chopped up and delivered to the family in pieces – and some continue to fight for their lives after suffering vicious attacks.

However, rather than harboring an understandable hatred toward those persecuting her family and her people, she has decided instead to pray for ISIS and their conversion.

“I asked Jesus for the grace to forgive every time I would pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet. But instead of praying 'For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world,' I pray 'have mercy on ISIS and on the whole world.'”

This is what Shabo, 25, said she has decided to pray as a means of helping learn how to forgive the terrorists who are slaughtering her people.

She gave her testimony to fellow youth July 29 as part of a catechesis session for WYD in Krakow, detailing the painful events that led her family to flee Iraq in the first place, as well as the horrors that have taken place after the rise of ISIS in 2014.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/t...sis-51601/
Who have you forgiven lately?