Steampunk - Evangelisation Opportunity for Trads?
(09-18-2016, 03:10 AM)Dominicus Wrote: I'm am so all over this idea now! I might be willing to overlook a few goggle wearing priests and mechanized altars as long as it's better than the NO.  :LOL:

:LOL:

Dominicus - I am so out of touch with American youth culture that I had hardly know what you mean apart from one very strange goggled looking photo I saw ...

What got me thinking was what the OP on Catholic Answers said about this ...

"To dress up in elegant period clothing and be ladies with poise, bearing and polite sensibilities appeals to them very much. Men are required to be the same. Masculine, polite and respectful toward ladies, which I did, and which went over splendidly with young ladies who knew what I knew. Giving them an appropriate amount of attention - rejecting the modern world's version of male-female relationships. Pleasant conversation, really getting to know the other person" etc ...

I continue to think these people must be starving for something the modern world isn't giving them and, being completely ignorant, they've turned to an artificial Kool Aid "version" of it, rather than His Body and Blood.

I am probably very naive and ignorant her,e but I wish I could gather up a 100 of them or so and take them to a solemn sung Mass with, say, the Institute of Christ the King ...

Most of that 100 would probably not get it. But I wonder if even 5  ... or 2 ... might?

Any more thoughts from anyone about this phenomenon? Do people here think it speaks to an underlying rejection of modernity and hunger?

Or am I going too far ...?
I know it is a whole process, you can't simple get a bunch of cybergoths and take them to a Tridentine Mass, you have to take it step by step.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Conversion is first and foremost about submitting your life to God.  It's all about grace.

So conversion involves finding out what is actually the truth and then accepting the truth by faith. I remember a time before I discovered the Latin Mass when I'd go to the NO and wonder what it was like for our ancestors to go to Mass.  Somehow I knew it was better. Not just the smells and bells, but the doctrine was what Catholics had always been taught.  Then when I found the TLM still existed, well, there was just no turning back. That was it!

So I guess all I'm saying is it's one thing to be attracted beauty and the romantic, elegance reverence of the TLMass, but we know it's so much more than that. It's hard to be a Catholic. A person has to have the grace of conviction that these doctrines, our Credo is the truth.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(09-18-2016, 05:51 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: So I guess all I'm saying is it's one thing to be attracted beauty and the romantic, elegance reverence of the TLMass, but we know it's so much more than that. It's hard to be a Catholic. A person has to have the grace of conviction that these doctrines, our Credo is the truth.

Totally agreed -- but beauty is a teacher in itself, and it attracts. It's like how men and women often meet each other first because of physical attraction, and only later do they learn about each other and fall in love. KWIM?  Beauty, poetry, things that bespeak of Mystery and ancientness -- these are crucial! And they're ours :)
I can see how what I said about rounding up these people would seem simplistic or even plain dumb ... :)

I think my core question here is WHY are these people doing this in such utter contradiction to the modern world.

What is going on in the unconscious here?

What are they searching for - or are even hungering for?