New chaos and confusion over "Amoris Laetitia"
Naturally, if someone flaunts an objective sin as if it were part of the Christian ideal, or wants to impose something other than what the Church teaches, he or she can in no way presume to teach or preach to others; this is a case of something which separates from the community (cf. Mt 18:17).

http://w2.vatican.va/content/dam/frances...tia_en.pdf
(09-23-2016, 05:08 AM)Poche Wrote: Naturally, if someone flaunts an objective sin as if it were part of the Christian ideal, or wants to impose something other than what the Church teaches, he or she can in no way presume to teach or preach to others; this is a case of something which separates from the community (cf. Mt 18:17).

Well, I'm definitely glad that's in there.

I'm just bothered by the state of confusion in the Church in general right now. On my part, I pray and do my best to follow the Commandments, stay close to the Sacraments, and hope the smoke that Pope Paul VI spoke of clears soon.

I'm at the point where I'd just like to hear Francis come out and say he supports divorce, contraception, homosexual marriage etc. Then I could say to the Neo-Catholics I know, "Are you more Catholic than the Pope", "Don't you really believe Jesus' words that the gates of hell will not prevail against his church", "You were not appointed to make those decisions", and the old. "Sorry, but I don't think you have the theological background to determine what is heretical".
(09-23-2016, 10:32 AM)Eric F Wrote:                                                   I'm at the point where I'd just like to hear Francis come out and say he supports divorce, contraception, homosexual marriage etc. Then I could say to the Neo-Catholics I know, "Are you more Catholic than the Pope", "Don't you really believe Jesus' words that the gates of hell will not prevail against his church", "You were not appointed to make those decisions", and the old. "Sorry, but I don't think you have the theological background to determine what is heretical".

While he can say anything in a private conversation, he won't say that in any kind of public decree. Jesus' promise is that He has given the keys of the Kingdom to St Peter. And the gates of Hell will not prevail.
The decree of Vatican I is that the Pope is infallible in matters of morals and faith when he speaks ex cathedra. If this is not true then the whole Catholic religion is a lie.   
This mess reminds me of the disaster the teaching profession is in here in NM. Our governor is actively and vocally anti-teacher; there is actually a leaked phone call from the governor that supports this. We are being held accountable not only for teaching well, but everything under he sun. For example, on a student survey, one of the statements my high school students must respond to is "my teacher notices if something is bothering me.' Get this, I am held accountable on my evaluation for whether or not a teenager thinks that I think something is bothering him/her. Anyway, things are such a disaster here in education that the only way to be happy teacher is to just ignore it all, close my classroom door, and do the best teaching I can.

I think the situation with the Church is the same: Go to mass; don't listen to the homilies, receive the sacraments, and practice the traditional Catholic faith apart from diocesesan structures as much as possible. Basically, we have to close our doors in order to be happy, good Catholics.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops has published a report on the reception and implementation of Pope Francis’s apostolic exhortation Amoris Laetitia.

The report was written at the request of Cardinal Lorenzo Baldisseri, the general secretary of the Synod of Bishops, and is based on 59 responses to a survey of bishops and leaders of Catholic organizations.

“Bishops, lay leaders, and families in the United States have proactively sought to receive Pope Francis’s teachings joyfully and to implement them in our shared task of caring for marriages and families,” said Archbishop Joseph Kurtz, the president of the USCCB, who stated that the bishops’ conference may soon develop a “renewed, comprehensive pastoral plan for marriage and family life ministry and advocacy.”

“Media reports and commentaries have tended at times to present a myopic view of Amoris Laetitia, with interest in only a few topics out of a broad range covered in the exhortation,” the USCCB report stated, as it discussed how the apostolic exhortation is being implemented.

The report concluded:

Respondents indicated that further resources on the application of some aspects of Amoris Laetitia, such as those treating the internal forum and reception of the sacraments with regard to persons in irregular marital situations, would be helpful. The same was mentioned about some of the key terms and concepts such as discernment, integration, gradualness, conscience, and mercy.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=29469
Cardinal Agostino Vallini, the Pope’s vicar for the Rome diocese, has issued guidelines for the implementation of Amoris Laetitia, indicating that divorced and remarried couples might be admitted to Communion only in unusual cases and with strict limitations.

Cardinal Vallini offered a 17-page set of guidelines, in which he encourages priests to inform their people about the new procedures offered by Pope Francis to test the validity of a marriage. He goes on to say that if an annulment cannot be obtained, other avenues may remain open.

Cardinal Vallini stresses that in the apostolic exhortation, Pope Francis “is not saying that they must be admitted to the sacraments, although he does not exclude this in some cases and under some conditions.” He says that Amoris Laetitia does not represent a break with prior Church teaching, and that under normal circumstances a divorced and remarried couple would be required to live as brother and sister if they intend to approach the Eucharist.

In unusual cases—“as in the case in which there is the moral certainty that the first marriage was null but there are not the proofs to demonstrate this in a judicial setting”—remarried couples might be allowed to receive the Eucharist, Cardinal Vallini writes. But even in these cases, he cautions, reception of Communion could not be allowed if “their condition is shown off as if it were part of the Christian ideal.”

Ultimately, the cardinal writes, the decision about admission to Communion should be made by a priest-confessor after careful discernment and extensive counseling:

It can be none other than the confessor, at a certain point, in his conscience, after much reflection and prayer, who must assume the responsibility before God and the penitent and ask that the access take place in a discreet manner.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=29535
You can gage reaction to Bishop Henrys moderate positions by Calgary Catholics in the news critique and talk radio criticism; the normal Alberta Catholic is embarrassed and humiliated by Bishop Henrys extremely vocal "Stone Age" position on not permitting the "Gay Straight Alliance" (an understudy run club - as though) into schools, on coed bathrooms, and on maintaining teaching concerning same sex marriage, helped suicide, and the Eucharist. The individuals who don't apparently dissent, essentially live in inconsistency.

Concerning columnists who conjecture on our seeing the downfall of Catholicism, (alter: the end of) Catholicism as we was already aware it has as of now happened, on account of mild diocesans, embarrassment, hush, inconsistency, and absence of justifiable course in word and practice from Dissertation help the administration. What is the reason or significance of the Catholic Church on the off chance that it doesn't hold fast to regulation and the holiness of the ceremonies that have been held as truth since its commencement. I credit all the religious now who are pursuing that one stray sheep to bring them over into the group, yet the sheep have overlooked what the shepards voice sounds like.
(10-05-2016, 02:17 AM)angelaketty Wrote: You can gage reaction to Bishop Henrys moderate positions by Calgary Catholics in the news critique and talk radio criticism; the normal Alberta Catholic is embarrassed and humiliated by Bishop Henrys extremely vocal "Stone Age" position on not permitting the "Gay Straight Alliance" (an understudy run club - as though) into schools, on coed bathrooms, and on maintaining teaching concerning same sex marriage, helped suicide, and the Eucharist. The individuals who don't apparently dissent, essentially live in inconsistency.

Concerning columnists who conjecture on our seeing the downfall of Catholicism, (alter: the end of) Catholicism as we was already aware it has as of now happened, on account of mild diocesans, embarrassment, hush, inconsistency, and absence of justifiable course in word and practice from Dissertation help the administration. What is the reason or significance of the Catholic Church on the off chance that it doesn't hold fast to regulation and the holiness of the ceremonies that have been held as truth since its commencement. I credit all the religious now who are pursuing that one stray sheep to bring them over into the group, yet the sheep have overlooked what the shepards voice sounds like.

Naturally, if someone flaunts an objective sin as if it were part of the Christian ideal, or wants to impose something other than what the Church teaches, he or she can in no way presume to teach or preach to others; this is a case of something which separates from the community (cf. Mt 18:17).

Archbishop Alexander Sample of Portland, Oregon, has added his name to the list of prelates who have said that Church teaching on marriage is unchanged by Amoris Laetitia.

In a pastoral letter, Archbishop Sample says that the apostolic exhortation has been misinterpreted in order to suggest a break with perennial Church teaching. “While the exhortation does not contain any change in Church teaching regarding marriage and family life, some have used Amoris Laetitia in ways that do not correspond with the Church’s teaching tradition,” he says.

The archbishop argues against the notion that a pastors should show a merciful attitude toward couples in illict unions by respecting their individual judgments. “Encouraging or silently accepting an erroneous judgment of conscience is neither mercy nor charity,” he says.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=29594