The 10 Best and Worst Foods to Eat for Sleep
(10-14-2016, 11:15 AM)PrairieMom Wrote:
(10-14-2016, 10:58 AM)Zedta Wrote:
(10-13-2016, 11:23 PM)Zubr Wrote:   Singing drunks: what would life be without them?
http://www.fisheaters.com/forums/Smileys/fishy/grin.gif

Perhaps a tad quieter? :grin:

But not nearly as entertaining.  :grin:

Besides, I'll take a singing drunk over drunk charades any day. It tends to get highly inappropriate very, very quickly. Don't ask me how I know.

On a more 'sober' note: I've had to deal with the darker side of drunkenness way too often and I have a rather calloused reflex when I encounter them folks. Too many years drying out drunks at ERs, and treateing the side effects of the drunkenness--the casualties and broken lives (and even at Indian Reservation Hospitals) will tend to do that to a person.
(10-14-2016, 12:00 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(10-14-2016, 11:15 AM)PrairieMom Wrote:
(10-14-2016, 10:58 AM)Zedta Wrote:
(10-13-2016, 11:23 PM)Zubr Wrote:   Singing drunks: what would life be without them?
http://www.fisheaters.com/forums/Smileys/fishy/grin.gif

Perhaps a tad quieter? :grin:

But not nearly as entertaining.  :grin:

Besides, I'll take a singing drunk over drunk charades any day. It tends to get highly inappropriate very, very quickly. Don't ask me how I know.

On a more 'sober' note: I've had to deal with the darker side of drunkenness way too often and I have a rather calloused reflex when I encounter them folks. Too many years drying out drunks at ERs, and treateing the side effects of the drunkenness--the casualties and broken lives (and even at Indian Reservation Hospitals) will tend to do that to a person.

Believe me, I know. I have family that work in nursing and have dealt with similar, also with substance abuse in pregnant women. She's married to a cop who loathes working Friday and Saturday nights due to the drunks. I've had friends end up in the ER with alcohol poisoning needing their stomachs pumped. Those are some of the reasons why I don't drink anymore.