Blessed Grapes
I was just reading about Blessed Grapes.  I have never heard of it.  Anyone? ???
(10-05-2016, 01:34 AM)Jeanannemarie Wrote: I was just reading about Blessed Grapes.  I have never heard of it.  Anyone? ???

At my Melkite church, grapes are blessed and eaten by everyone on th feast of transfiguration.
The Latin Rite of the Church traditionally blesses fruits and herbs on the Feast of the Assumption.  The Byzantine Rite has a similar tradition for the Feast of the Transfiguration.
I know it's not Latin Rite, Byzantine or Catholicism in general, but the Orthodox Church has blessing of grapes or fruit in general at the Feast of Transfiguration.  One diversion of the same feast is the blessing of the apples.  Like randomtradguy said, everyone eats the blessed fruits and some churches have baked goods in celebration.  Part of the mystique of the feast is that if you eat an apple that day, you can make a wish. 

***As a side note, I got engaged on this year's past Orthodox Feast of Transfiguration with all the blessed fruits on display.  :)
No, this is about having a blessed grape that you bless others with and store in blessed brandy.  I'm sorry, I should have provided the link.  I have never learned how to do that here.  I will try, if not a success I will direct to the article.
http://www.ourladyhelpofchristians.us/mi...tter-times    I hope this works.  This is what I am referring to.

I've had blessed grapes in a Ukrainian Catholic Church.
(10-05-2016, 01:34 AM)Jeanannemarie Wrote: I was just reading about Blessed Grapes.  I have never heard of it.  Anyone? ???

It comes from an alleged apparition to an Italian woman who lived in San Damiano, Italy, named Rosa Quattrini.  Began in the 60s, and she passed away in the 1980s.
It doesn't sound as if anyone has any personal experience with the blessed grapes connected with the Italian woman's apparitions.  Thanks, I was just wondering.  I am intrigued by all things Catholic. :)
Actually, I have some 'Blessed Grapes'.

The way I heard it, quite some time ago, was that one has to obtain grapes that have been blessed by ones already blessed...a sort of chain. You may make your own blessed grapes with one of these and pass them on. The brandy is to keep them in but doesn't have to be 'blessed' in any special way.

The idea was that during the Three Days of Darkness, especially, but during any conflagration, when food is unattainable, these will supply sustenance if one is taken daily.

I think that is how it went.