Blessed Grapes
(10-06-2016, 09:09 AM)Jeanannemarie Wrote: It doesn't sound as if anyone has any personal experience with the blessed grapes connected with the Italian woman's apparitions.  Thanks, I was just wondering.  I am intrigued by all things Catholic. :)

That's not accurate. 

Several of my friends and I obtained some of the fruit (a pear) from the pear tree where Our Lady is alleged to have appeared.  That is what is used to make the "blessed grapes."

See the post just above this.

I also have one of the purportedly blessed handkerchiefs from San Damiano.

My wife and I obtained these things back in the 1980s.  The grapes have since been discarded, but we still have the handkerchief.
(10-06-2016, 10:46 AM)Zedta Wrote: Actually, I have some 'Blessed Grapes'.

The way I heard it, quite some time ago, was that one has to obtain grapes that have been blessed by ones already blessed...a sort of chain. You may make your own blessed grapes with one of these and pass them on. The brandy is to keep them in but doesn't have to be 'blessed' in any special way.

The idea was that during the Three Days of Darkness, especially, but during any conflagration, when food is unattainable, these will supply sustenance if one is taken daily.

I think that is how it went.

You are correct, except that the initial thing used to "bless" the grapes was a pear from the pear tree in San Damiano.  In addition, the brandy was to be used in times of sickness or epidemic.

We had to discard our grapes years ago.  We did the process in the early 1980s. 
DJR  Thank you,  that is actually the kind of response I was hoping for.  I was just curious about the Blessed Grapes and wanted to know  If anyone had them, or knew about them, etc;  I found it interesting.  Perhaps others will reply later if they see the thread.
I seem to recall reading somewhere that blessed grapes, like blessed beeswax candles are supposed to come in handy during the three days of darkness, as they will sustain life.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Did a little searching, but discern appropriately...

Found this: http://www.fisheaters.com/forums/index.php?topic=1177847.0

and then this:

Quote:http://www.thesoundoftrumpets.com/index....sed_grapes

Details:
Miraculous Blessed Grapes

Introduction:
Blessed grapes will sustain the people of faith during the time of the Antichrist, wars, famine, droughts, calamities, plagues, illness and times of food shortage.

Prepare 180 grapes OR MORE per person, at least a 6 month supply, for times of shortage. At the time we are to go in to hiding and may be without food, the miraculous sustaining grapes will be your food. The size of the grape or the color are not important.

If in some country you cannot find grapes, you can use another fruit that you have in abundance and is small as a grape. Count the grapes as they are placed in the jar and write the total on the lid or jar. A blessed grape that becomes soft when used to bless other grapes should be eaten and not discarded. A blessed grape is never to be bought or sold!
On days when no food is available, each person is to consume ONE blessed grape per day. By faith, a blessed grape will sustain you through the day.

Getting started
You need a blessed grape in order to bless other grapes. You can obtain a blessed grape from someone who has blessed grapes or you may seek a priest to bless a single grape or a cluster of grapes for you. St. Michael’s Store in the USA has blessed grapes (max.5) for the price of a donation. http://stmichaelstore.com/endtimes1.html

Purchase fresh grapes and brandy. Buy brandy like Christian Bros, B&W Brandy or St.Remy brandy. Do not use a fruit or berry brandy; fruit brandy will ferment instead of preserve.

If possible, have the brandy blessed by a priest before you start. Having the brandy blessed is optional.

Blessing the new grapes
Wash fresh grapes in a mild soap (Ivory) and water solution. Rinse the grapes thoroughly in clean water. After rinsing, you may, optionally, sprinkle them with Holy Water.

With scissors, cut grapes from cluster. Try to leave a piece of the stem on the grape. (If you prefer, trim stems before washing and rinsing. Some find it easier to trim stems before washing.)

Take one of the already Blessed Grapes and rub a Sign of the Cross on a fresh grape while saying: “In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, Amen.” EACH GRAPE must be blessed this way.

Put the newly blessed grapes in a sterilized glass jar. [Steps to sterilize jars are included.]

Once the jar is filled with grapes to an inch from the rim, fill jar space with brandy. Cover to half inch from rim.

Secure the lid on the jar and the grapes will be preserved until it is time to consume them. Keep out of direct sunlight.

These blessed grapes can be shared with others, since they are blessed. In this way, others can prepare their own blessed grapes.

History
Our Lady to Mamma Rosa Quattrini (1909- 1981):
Our Lady blessed a cluster of grapes, these grapes will sustain the people of Faith during the time of the Antichrist, wars, famine, droughts, calamities, plagues, and illness.
The Blessed Virgin Mary indicates how to transfer the blessing of the grapes from a Blessed Grape to a new cluster of grapes, so more people will benefit from them.
Instructions: Upon receipt of blessed grapes: Wash fresh grapes in a mild soap and water solution. Rinse the grapes in clean water. With scissors, cut grapes from cluster. Try to leave a piece of the stem on the grape. Take one of the already Blessed Grapes and rub a Sign of the Cross on the fresh grape while saying: “In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, Amen.” Each grape must be blessed that way. Put the newly blessed grapes in a glass bottle. Cover the newly blessed grapes with a wine brandy. Do not use a fruit or berry brandy. The brandy is used as a preservative. You may give the newly blessed grape to others so that they may make a supply for themselves and others. The blessings are transferred from one of the original grapes from San Damiano. Have a clean glass bottle with a lid that will seal well.

…”Do not forget to keep in your homes the blessed grape in My Name for the times of food shortage.”…
Jesus to Luz de Maria, Oct 27, 2014

How to sterilize the jars
1. Wash the jars and lids thoroughly in hot soapy water and rinse.
2. Place empty jars in a large pot, right side up, and completely cover them in water.
3. Heat the water and jars to 180F (82C) for minimum 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes, turn off heat. Place the lids in the hot water.
5. Use tongs or jar lifter to remove jar from hot water. Pour out the water, and set the jar, open-side up, on a clean surface. Let jar cool for a few minutes before adding grapes. Within an hour of removing jar from heat, fill with grapes.
6. Remove lid from water when needed to seal a filled jar.
Thank you, Zedta,  I will read through what you found.