Pope Francis to Create 17 New Cardinals at November Consistory
(10-09-2016, 06:32 PM)demoslider Wrote: This is why the biological solution touted by Father Z is a fantasy. It can work both ways. A liberal Pope appoints liberal bishops, who select liberal candidates that are ordained priests. Eventually, the conservative priests and bishops from the Benedict era become extinct and we are left with only liberals running the Church.

The biological solution DOES work - just not with the rapidity or force that Fr Z imagines.

To take Belgium, for example, where Kesel was given a red hat: he's arguably the most radical of the bunch (which is saying something) - a true heir to Daneels and Suenens, a man who would marry gays and ordain women today if he could. He is also presiding over an archdiocese in its final death throes. One of the very first things he did was to ruthlessly snuff out one of the only signs of life, a new seminary set up by Archbishop Leonard, which employed more traditional formation and was, as a result, bursting with vocations.

Soon, of course, Brussels will run out of not only priests, but laity, too, and all that may be left will be a couple small pockets of traditionalists.

The difficulty is what happens in the meantime. As the most liberal Protestant denominations have shown us, liberals can maintain a death grip on a hierarchy by replicating chiefs no matter how scarce the indians become or how empty the bank accounts end up.  And in regions where the death spiral is slower than in Belgium, that process can take a while.
I believe we're seeing this being played out as we speak:

I will not point fingers at any of the clergy because I do not know their intentions, but this makes so much sense, does it not?
(10-10-2016, 12:33 PM)In His Love Wrote: I believe we're seeing this being played out as we speak:

I will not point fingers at any of the clergy because I do not know their intentions, but this makes so much sense, does it not?

That interview is my favorite of Church Militant's interviews.  I have a lot of respect for that woman.