Fisheaters easy recipe thread
Christmas will be here pretty soon. This may come in handy!

Festive Fudge

3 c chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
dash salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c chopped nuts

Line an 8" x 8" pan with greased wax paper.

In medium-sized pan, melt chips with sweetened milk. Stir in vanilla, salt, and nuts.

Spread in pan.

Cool for 2 hours.

Slice.
Here's one for Fridays!

Broccoli Cheese Soup

1/4 c onion, chopped
1 tbsp margarine
1 lrg head of broccoli, chopped
1 med. potato, finely chopped
3 c water
4 tsp chicken bouillon powder
2 1/2 c milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 c cheddar, grated

Saute onion in butter until clear and soft.

Boil water, broccoli, potato, and bouillon powder together until vegetables are cooked. Add onions.

Put in blender and chop until they are the desired coarseness.

Add milk, salt, and pepper. Simmer together until hot.

Add cheese. Stir to melt.
Chicken Caesar Pasta

15 ml oil
500 g boneless chicken breast, cut in cubes
1 can cream of celery soup
125 ml water
75 ml Caesar salad dressing
1 l hot cooked linguine
1 tomato

Cut up chicken into small bite-sized cubes and cook in frying pan with oil. Cook for 10 minutes or until brown.

Stir in soup, water, and salad dressing. Heat to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook over low heat until chicken is cooked through - about 5 minutes.

In a separate pot, cook linguine. Toss chicken mixture with linguine and tomato. Sprinkle with pepper and parmesan cheese.
Broiled French Loaf

Scramble fry until no longer pink:

1 lb ground beef
1/2 c onion, chopped

Add next 5 ingredients. Heat thoroughly.

213 ml tomato sauce
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp basil

1 French loaf
3 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 c mozzarella

Spread meat mixture over French bread halves. Sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella. Broil 5-6 inches from heat until cheese is bubbly.
Chili

1 lb ground beef
1 sm. onion, chopped
1 c kidney beans (optional)
1 can tomato soup
1/3 c water
1 tsp vinegar
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Brown meat and onion in large frying pan. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
Chicken and Broccoli with Noodles

1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
1 c carrots, finely sliced
2 c fresh broccoli, bite size pieces
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c milk
1/2 c grated parmesan
1/4 tsp pepper
5 c hot cooked egg noodles

Heat oil at medium-high in large skillet. 

Add chicken and stir-fry until browned.

Add carrots and broccoli and stir-fry for 3 minutes.

Add soup, cheese, and pepper. Heat to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low.

Simmer covered for 5 minutes. Serve with egg noodles. Serves 4.
Monastary Cake = delicious! I had marmalade languishing in the fridge that i used up, and dried apples that I chopped.

You're right, not too sweet but sweet enough to satisfy that sweet craving.
(10-16-2016, 06:08 PM)PrairieMom Wrote: The tattoo sounds cute! Is he allowed to have a cute tattoo? ???

(10-16-2016, 06:43 PM)In His Love Wrote: Aww, that sounds like a really cute tattoo, Zubr! :)
I'll be sure to tell him that people think it's cute.  :LOL:  As for being allowed, it will be interesting to see what his friends will say.  :LOL:  But besides being cute, those dolls are symbols of home life so it's his way of saying, "I'm settled down." 

I'm glad that you enjoyed the Monastery Cake!  There are so many ways to make it because the Orthodox monks (historically, it's an old cake) used what they had laying around.  As well, they do a lot of fasting where there are some days oil is allowed but not dairy.  The cake works on those kind of days.

And wow, look at all the recipes that have been posted!  And ones with lean protein (chicken and tuna) that Goldilocks will really appreciate!  I'll be doing a lot of printing right now.  Thanks to you all!  I am intrigued to try that Festive Fudge for the holidays and Apple Crisp now, In His Love.
(10-14-2016, 11:21 AM)Zubr Wrote: As well, I would appreciate any tips that your friend can offer!  I am stuck on low potassium and low phosphorus.  I’ve been warned I’m spiraling towards malnutrition so any help or tips would be great.  It's a big shift because we mostly ate Slavic food (in other words, potatoes) and I am avoiding them.  I know the tip to soak them and double boil them to lessen the potassium but it still remains high enough.  I’m living on croissants right now.  The meal replacement tastes so bad it is only drinkable with chocolate Quik.  :(

Zubr, I didn't forget about you.  My friend's been out of town on vacation.  Should be back Wednesday. 

My crockpot chili.  Also works well with a mixture of beef and venison.

Crockpot chili

1 1/2 to 2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans (16 oz) of black beans
1 can (16 oz) of diced tomatoes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 Tbsp cayenne
1 tsp cumin
4 slices raw bacon, chopped
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
2 tsp Worcesteshire sauce
1 cup beer
2 x bay leaves

Cook beef until browned, then drain off excess fat.  Add beef and all remaining ingredients to crock pot.  Stores well overnight.  Cook on "low" 5 to 6 hours.  Serve with rice or tortilla chips, sour cream and cheddar cheese.
(10-16-2016, 06:51 PM)In His Love Wrote: Christmas will be here pretty soon. This may come in handy!

Festive Fudge

3 c chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
dash salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c chopped nuts

Line an 8" x 8" pan with greased wax paper.

In medium-sized pan, melt chips with sweetened milk. Stir in vanilla, salt, and nuts.

Spread in pan.

Cool for 2 hours.

Slice.

Thanks for the tip.  I made this over the weekend with a twist.  I split a habanero pepper and removed the seeds, then toasted the pepper halves for about 8 minutes at 400F (no idea what that temperature is in Canadian :grin:).  Delicious.