Fisheaters easy recipe thread
I've been tinkering with baked buffalo wings for a while now, and I've almost got it.  Let me know if you have any thoughts.

3 (or so) lbs of chicken wings, split into drummettes

1 cup flour
3 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp cayenne

Sauce ingredients:
6 Tbsp butter, melted
6 Tbsp hot sauce (I like Zatarains)
1 Tbsp brown sugar

Place aluminum foil on a baking sheet, and lightly spray with a cooking spray.  Mix the above dry ingredients together in a large bowl.  Toss the wings in the mixture.  Place the coated wings the baking sheet and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.

Mix the sauce ingredients together in a large bowl.

Bake wings at 425 for 40-45 minutes, turning halfway through.  Toss in the sauce mixture.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
Steak au Poivre (Peppered Steak)

2 8oz steaks
3 Tbs Brandy or Cognac
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Tbs whole peppercorns
1 Tbs of cracked pepper
salt, pepper, and olive oil to season steaks.

Prepare some steaks. I like to cook them medium-rare in a beef bouillon paste I make with better than bouillon beef stock and with a little olive oil. Then cover the steaks in ground black pepper and cook to your desired temperature. Set steaks aside. In same pan add a splash of brandy or cognac (you can even leave this out if you desire) and cook to reduce and caramelize. Then add in about 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce and cook to reduce to about 3/4. Then add in heavy cream to desired color and taste, I tend to do 1/4 cup of cream. Stir in both whole and cracked melody peppercorns and spoon over streaks.

I serve my with some roasted Parmesan-asparagus and mashed potatoes.
I'm told my creamy potato soup recipe is pretty decent Smile

2 onions (or as oniony as you so desire)
1lb carrots 
A bunch of celery
8lb bag of potatoes
1.5 cups whole milk OR 1 can coconut milk  (regular or light, does not matter)
32oz chicken broth

Seasoning: Poultry seasoning, salt, garlic

Optional: 
Bacon for topping / mixing in
Cheese for topping / mixing in
If vegan / dairy free and desire cheesy flavor, use nutritional yeast.

Peel and cut vegetables.

Put carrots, onions, celery, and 2-3 potatoes in a pot with the chicken broth and milk. Season liberally with garlic, poultry seasoning, and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender. Add in cheese or nutritional yeast if desired.

Put remaining potatoes in a separate pot of water, bring to a boil and simmer until tender.

While these are boiling, you may chop and cook the bacon if desired.

Using either an immersion or conventional blender, blend the pot of vegetables until desired creaminess is reached. Drain potatoes and combine with the puree. Put in a bowl and add bacon and any other toppings if desired.

Ta-da! 

NOTES:

I LOVE the flavor of celery. If you don't, use less celery as it is prominent. I do not remove the leaves personally.

I use a *lot* of poultry seasoning. I find it really warms it up and gives it depth.

I use a regular blender for the soup.

I use coconut milk / no cheese or nutritional yeast in mine. However, with the bacon/milk/cheese/chives for combo traditionally seen with potato soup, it is awesome! Never met anyone who didn't like it. 

Really, you can use pretty much any variety of veggie here. I love parsnips as a carrot replacement!

It goes great with roast chicken legs!
I bet I'd like that soup. I love potatoes. I don't think there's a single bad way to prepare potatoes.
That soup looks delicious, and I love me some taters. 

My only issue is that you said bacon is optional. Unsat. Wink

Today I combined leftover grits from breakfast with some homemade tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese. Oh. My. Goodness. Great meatless meal that I’m surprised I didn’t do earlier, having grown up with polenta.

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Now, THIS is easy!

Bring about four cups of stock or boulllion, chicken, beef, or vegetable, your choice, to a boil.

Throw in a small handful of each, pearled barley, steel cut oats, and split peas.

Simmer until the barley and peas are soft. Eat with good bread and butter.

With veggie stock or boullion, it's a great, filling meal for a day of abstinence.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

I whipped this together last week, and it was a hit with the whole family.  Took a total of 15 minutes to cook.

1 lb chicken tenders, or sliced breast
1/2 cup of orange juice (I used 3 tangerines with the juice squeezed out)
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cayenne
salt/pepper to taste
about 1 cup of sugar snap peas (2 handfuls) or green beans

Marinate the chicken in the OJ, ginger and cayenne for 30-45 minutes.  Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat.  add chicken and marinade, stirring for 6-8 minutes.  Add peas and garlic, and continue cooking for another 6-8 minutes, stirring, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and additional ginger/cayenne.

Bean and veggie salad- 
made this and have been eating off it the past couple days. I like it, but then again I'm not picky, lol! Plant protein that is safe for lent, and very quick to make. The amounts of things are approximate. I didn't measure when I threw it together, so you might have to tweak to taste. I got the general idea watching a cooking show while chasing my toddler around, so I didn't happen to write anything down LOL

1 can black beans (about 16 oz)
1 can cannelini beans (about 16 oz)
1 cubed cucumber (about 1 cup)
1 bunch of radishes, cubed (about 1 cup)
Chopped celery (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp soy sauce

Rinse canned beans, then combine in bowl. Add chopped veggies. Shake liquid ingredients together in a jar or closed container and pour over solid ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Done!