Pope meets Lutheran pilgrims at Vatican
As we come upon the 500th anniversary of Luthers revolt, the pope recently received Lutheran pilgrims to the Vatican.  This is in advance of the commemoration festivities plannned for Lund Sweden later this year, which the pope plans to attend and celebrate, alongside the Lutheran World Federation.

I pray that the bishops will step forward and rightly rebuke the holy father for having any part in Protestant celebrations commemorating Luther and his revolt.  This is against what the church has taught for centuries.  Luthers hatred of the papacy and his blasphemous errors  (in abject contradiction to catholic doctrine), are not worthy of Catholic acknowledgement, let alone commemoration. Surely even modernists must see that this is just wrong!

http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2016/10/...ty/1264815
It would be a breath of fresh air to hear him say, "True unity is to be found within the Catholic Church. Please consider coming into the Church for the good of your soul."

"Pope Francis also spoke in his address about how Catholics and Lutherans are part of the same body of Christ."

No, we aren't.

"So, Venerable Brethren, it is clear why this Apostolic See has never allowed its subjects to take part in the assemblies of non-Catholics: for the union of Christians can only be promoted by promoting the return to the one true Church of Christ of those who are separated from it, for in the past they have unhappily left it. To the one true Church of Christ, we say, which is visible to all, and which is to remain, according to the will of its Author, exactly the same as He instituted it. During the lapse of centuries, the mystical Spouse of Christ has never been contaminated, nor can she ever in the future be contaminated, as Cyprian bears witness: "The Bride of Christ cannot be made false to her Spouse: she is incorrupt and modest. She knows but one dwelling, she guards the sanctity of the nuptial chamber chastely and modestly." The same holy Martyr with good reason marveled exceedingly that anyone could believe that "this unity in the Church which arises from a divine foundation, and which is knit together by heavenly sacraments, could be rent and torn asunder by the force of contrary wills." For since the mystical body of Christ, in the same manner as His physical body, is one, compacted and fitly joined together, it were foolish and out of place to say that the mystical body is made up of members which are disunited and scattered abroad: whosoever therefore is not united with the body is no member of it, neither is he in communion with Christ its head." - Pope Pius XI, Mortalium Animos
                                                    We  live in a strange time where it's now quite common to hear it implied, that any opinion held by Francis now supercedes anything taught by the Church in the last 2000 years.
http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.ca/2016/10/...n.html?m=1
A German theology student asked him about what  he likes and does not like about the Lutheran Church.

POPE FRANCIS
"I really like the good Lutherans, the Lutherans who follow the true faith of Jesus Christ."

http://www.romereports.com/2016/10/13/po...-lutherans

No Catholic, who necessarily believes the Catholic Faith is the only true Faith of Jesus Christ, could say such a thing.

St. Peter Julian Eymard, 1868 : "People often say:'it is better to be a good Protestant than a bad Catholic.'  That is not true! That would mean one could be saved without the true faith.  No. A bad Catholic remains a child of the family, though a prodigal, and, however great a sinner he may be, nearer to God than a Protestant, for he is a member of the household, whereas, the heretic is not. And how hard is it to make him become one!" (The Real Presence p.245)

Saint Teresa of Avila (1582): “It was that vision (of Hell) which filled me with very great distress. I had the greatest sorrow for the so many lost souls that condemned themselves to Hell, especially those Lutherans. - for they were once members of the Church by Baptism - and also gave me the most vehement desires for the salvation of souls [...] I saw souls falling into hell like snowflakes.” [Source: The Collected Works of St. Teresa of Avila, Volume 1, Chapter 32. Published by Institute of Carmelite Studies]