Pope Francis stacks deck at Congregation of Divine Worship, a massacre
Pope Francis removes traditionally oriented prelates at CDW. Almost all appointees are liberals

"Today's Vatican Bollettino announced the appointment of 27 prelates as members of the Congregation for Divine Worship (CDW), a major overhaul that obviously has a direct impact on the policies and overall directions of the CDW. In the CDW, as with all other Roman dicasteries, all "matters of major importance" and all "questions involving general principles" are reserved to the "extraordinary plenary" meeting (usually held once a year) to which all members are summoned (see Pastor Bonus). Furthermore, all members who happen to reside in Rome also take part in the more frequent "ordinary plenary" meetings. Membership in a Curial dicastery is retained until a member is removed from such membership, or turns 80. As such, Archbishop Piero Marini, who is now 74, will remain a member of the CDW either until he is removed / replaced or until he reaches his 80th birthday on January 13, 2022."

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2016/10....html#more
This getting stupid. I just cant bother with this crap anymore. I'm not going to become a sede or anything like that but I sure as hell will be staying tight to my FSSP Church. I almost feel like Francis is just trying to get rid of all the Faithful bishops that are in the Vatican. This is sad... real sad....
(10-28-2016, 09:33 PM)TheCatholicKnight Wrote: This getting stupid. I just cant bother with this crap anymore. I'm not going to become a sede or anything like that but I sure as hell will be staying tight to my FSSP Church. I almost feel like Francis is just trying to get rid of all the Faithful bishops that are in the Vatican. This is sad... real sad....

Wise words. On the other hand his offer of a personal prelature to the SSPX gives them everything they could want so I hope that happens. Fellay seems to like the offer anyway.

C.

Keep in eye on the bishops that retire and who Francis appoints to replace them.
(10-28-2016, 09:40 PM)Cetil Wrote:
(10-28-2016, 09:33 PM)TheCatholicKnight Wrote: This getting stupid. I just cant bother with this crap anymore. I'm not going to become a sede or anything like that but I sure as hell will be staying tight to my FSSP Church. I almost feel like Francis is just trying to get rid of all the Faithful bishops that are in the Vatican. This is sad... real sad....

Wise words. On the other hand his offer of a personal prelature to the SSPX gives them everything they could want so I hope that happens. Fellay seems to like the offer anyway.

C.
Thank you my good sir. I am very hopeful for the day the SSPX come in communion with Rome. Something that would be awesome would be if the FSSP could put their priests under the SSPX bishops or have some of their own consecrated.
The devil would like nothing more than for trads to go into schism over this.  Keep the faith and resist whenever discouraged.  Popes come and go...  At worst, Francis is another Alexander VI or Julius II.  Take heart... it means we should have another St. Pius V on the way sooner or later. 
(10-28-2016, 10:35 PM)Uxi Wrote: The devil would like nothing more than for trads to go into schism over this.  Keep the faith and resist whenever discouraged.  Popes come and go...  At worst, Francis is another Alexander VI or Julius II.  Take heart... it means we should have another St. Pius V on the way sooner or later.

:thumb:

When Francis was elected Pope it took me about three days to realise what we were in for. I said here on FE, 'Buckle up, people, it's going to a long rough ride'! It's only gotten worse!

However, like you, I am not going to become a sede. After resisting the Petrine Supremacy for 20 years, I finally became a Catholic in my 30s. I'm now approaching 70 and, by the Grace of God, and the prayers of His Holy Mother and of my Patron Saints, I intend to die in the bosom of the Catholic Church, One, Holy, and Apostolic.

However, unlike you, I don't have a Traditional Mass to cling to. I no longer drive, there is no public transit on Sunday and the FSSP Parish is almost six miles away. The Ukrainian Rite Parish is ONLY five miles by foot. When I was younger I would have thought nothing of it, but after two heart attacks and having stage four COPD I don't think it would be a good idea! I even checked for SSPX Mass Centres. The nearest is St Mary's Kansas, about 140 miles and the ones in KCMO between 140 and 160 miles.

So, when I can make it to Mass, I walk to the closest Church for an NO. On that, I have to admit, I'm lucky. There are three Churches that, even given my health, I can walk to when I can breathe.

And what Uxi said!
"PrayTell reports that up to now, Cardinals Burke and Pell had remained members of CDW. With the new wave of appointments they have lost their membership."

Sighhh.

Things are getting more and more disturbing under Pope Francis.
(10-28-2016, 10:28 PM)TheCatholicKnight Wrote:
(10-28-2016, 09:40 PM)Cetil Wrote:

C.
Thank you my good sir. I am very hopeful for the day the SSPX come in communion with Rome. Something that would be awesome would be if the FSSP could put their priests under the SSPX bishops or have some of their own consecrated.

You are very welcome my friend. I would love to see that FSSP be a prelature too, God knows they have earned it.

C.