Pope: Women will be banned from priesthood forever
(11-03-2016, 11:41 PM)Poche Wrote:
(11-03-2016, 08:00 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote:
(11-03-2016, 12:07 AM)Poche Wrote: When asked about women’s ordination, Pope Francis said, “On the ordination of women in the Catholic Church, the final word is clear, it was said by St. John Paul II and this remains.” When asked whether the ban on ordination of women is “forever,” the Holy Father replied that the statement by St. John Paul “leads in that direction.”

Pope Francis went on to explain that the Church is not discriminating against women by adhering to the male-only priesthood, but recognizing that women have a different role—and in many ways a superior role. He remarked that “women can do so many things better than men.” He remined reporters that the Church has a Marian as well as a Petrine dimension, and that the role of the Virgin Mary is more important than that of St. Peter. “Much more,” he emphasized.

http s://www.catholic culture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=29801

Sounds like JPII again appealing to the female ego to silence it instead of just out right correcting it. The Church cannot afford to alienate men which it has successfully done for generations. Telling men they have a less important role is the best way to empty the pews of them. Ok, you got it covered so I might as well go where I am really needed instead of Church. Looks like Francis hasn't failed to disappoint again afterall.....

It is not a question of importance or of who is more important than who. It is a question of complementarity. Let us look at women for a moment. Let us look at St. Teresa of Calcutta. Let us look at Mother Angelica. Both of these are giants of holiness and achievement. Neither one of these aspired to the priesthood.

Reread your own quotations. There isn't much room for ideological apologetics. The fact of the matter is many priests wax great poetry about how great and wonderful women over men which just leads men to ignore the matters of the Church. I'm not going to waste my time in a place or around people that think putting me down is the way to go. It is pandering to an audience. Women love to hear how much "better they are" than men which priests exploit to keep them in the pews instead of preaching the truth. It is complete stupidity to be making men sound inferior when your entire hierarchy is based on an all male membership. Maybe this is how the progressives get women in after all. Chase out all the men and say "well we need women since men won't step up" and there ya go.

Instead of outlining the specific role of women in the Church and affirming the principle that man is to lead woman as Christ leads the Church. The Church DOES NOT lead Christ. For the good of the Church, sometimes Christ says "no" and whether we like it or not that is the answer. That is the way it works. The more the clergy keeps trying to skirt (no pun intended) around this issue with women in the Church, the more confusion they create, the more the unnecessarily alienate people, and the more they get both men AND women disgusted. What Francis needed to say was "men as primarily masculine beings demonstrate the role Christ played for the Church therefore to uphold that example women cannot be priests because their physical makeup was not designed to reflect the masculine nature of God." It really is that simple. There is no need for comparison to say anyone is "inferior." It is just a simple matter of metaphysics. Sure, a lot of people may not like that but most people are allergic to the truth too. Are you going to advocate sacrificing the truth just to keep a handful of women happy? I sure wouldn't. The last time mankind went down the road of trying to keep woman happy we ended up cursed in sin.
I found it interesting how that reporter asked Bergoglio the second time about the issue with "women priests"

Her reply of "Forever, forever? Never, never?" was so pretentiously snobbish, so juvenile, and so take-the-bait-ish, I would have liked to have seen her get slapped. >:[

Who the freak does she think she is? How unprofessional!
Call me captain cynical...

The entire dialogue is USELESS!!

This is a typical example of Pope Francis playing both sides of the fence. I actually wouldn't be surprised if wikileaks provides an email stating that this woman's question about woman priests was a plant, here's why.

Liberal  Catholics (for lack of a better categorical designation) are cheering PF for signing a declaration with one of the Lutheran groups about the Eucharist. At the same time conservative Catholics are pissed so they get a bone with the upholding of no woman priests. In the meantime while both sides are focused on these micro issues the macro picture of Church is changing. PF seems to be a master of this. The Vatican, and Poche, like to reference the JPII enlyclical about woman priests at the same time JPII 's encyclical about the family disappeared from the Vatican web site for a bit. 

We have seen this behavior over and over again from PF, and the government etc etc etc. Keep the dirty unwashed focused on minutiae while the bigger plan is being executed.
It's also a little bit depressing that something as basic as, "The Pope says women can't be priests" is a relieving bit of news. That's how low our standards have fallen: "If you state obvious Catholic truth every once in a while, that's a breath of fresh air."
(11-05-2016, 07:30 AM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: Call me captain cynical...

This is a typical example of Pope Francis playing both sides of the fence. I actually wouldn't be surprised if wikileaks provides an email stating that this woman's question about woman priests was a plant, here's why.

Liberal  Catholics (for lack of a better categorical designation) are cheering PF for signing a declaration with one of the Lutheran groups about the Eucharist. At the same time conservative Catholics are pissed so they get a bone with the upholding of no woman priests. In the meantime while both sides are focused on these micro issues the macro picture of Church is changing. PF seems to be a master of this. The Vatican, and Poche, like to reference the JPII enlyclical about woman priests at the same time JPII 's encyclical about the family disappeared from the Vatican web site for a bit. 

We have seen this behavior over and over again from PF, and the government etc etc etc. Keep the dirty unwashed focused on minutiae while the bigger plan is being executed.

Pope Francis' answer of "no" didn't appear to me to be pretty clear. He didn't appear to be playing both sides of any fence to me. 
(11-07-2016, 12:34 PM)Poche Wrote:
(11-05-2016, 07:30 AM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: Call me captain cynical...

Pope Francis' answer of "no" didn't appear to me to be pretty clear. He didn't appear to be playing both sides of any fence to me.

Don't you ever get tired of trolling Poche?

His no was pretty clear, as was his agreement of giving up the Eucharist to non-Catholics.

So PF's playing both sides of the fence is crystal clear.

Once again it gives a lot of people the chance to say "See, he really does support Catholic Tradition". But why do we have to say that in the first place ?
(11-08-2016, 09:00 AM)Eric F Wrote:                                                             Once again it gives a lot of people the chance to say "See, he really does support Catholic Tradition". But why do we have to say that in the first place ?

Some people aren't paying attention.