Anti-Catholic Jack Chick Dies at Age 92
Back in the 70’s when my children were teenagers, although many times I disagreed, I used to bring to them those Chick tracts.  Of course, I sort of “censored” them by eschewing those with exaggerate extraneous doctrines.    In particular, my son, now 46 and a father himself, remembers those tracts molded his beliefs.  Many of them explained clearly the essentials of Christianism.  My son learned by heart such essential verses for Christian life as “For God so loved the world that….”, or the “Behold, I am at the door and knock…” and ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment, and the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’…  Jesus said: on these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets. (Matt 22, 40).  Nothing else is necessary.  Shall any mortal dare challenge the Lord’s dictum?
Whichever his themes, his tracts always ended in prompting to repentance and accept Jesus as one’s only Lord.  A man who so directed people to God cannot be too far from the Lord in his Kingdom.

(11-06-2016, 02:59 PM)voltape Wrote: Back in the 70’s when my children were teenagers, although many times I disagreed, I used to bring to them those Chick tracts.  Of course, I sort of “censored” them by eschewing those with exaggerate extraneous doctrines.    In particular, my son, now 46 and a father himself, remembers those tracts molded his beliefs.  Many of them explained clearly the essentials of Christianism.  My son learned by heart such essential verses for Christian life as “For God so loved the world that….”, or the “Behold, I am at the door and knock…” and ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment, and the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’…  Jesus said: on these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets. (Matt 22, 40).  Nothing else is necessary.  Shall any mortal dare challenge the Lord’s dictum?
Whichever his themes, his tracts always ended in prompting to repentance and accept Jesus as one’s only Lord.  A man who so directed people to God cannot be too far from the Lord in his Kingdom.

"Nothing else is necessary"? That's not in Matthew 22:40. It's Chick's own heretical denial on the necessity of the Church.

Goodness, man. Are you even Catholic? With all due respect, Can you really be that naive?

The whole premise behind his work were the heresies of sola scriptura and sola fide.  Both of which are completely unbiblical heresies.

Did you never read how he slandered the Catholic Church? He said Roman Catholics were not even Christians.

http://www.chick.com/m/reading/tracts/re...p?stk=0071

He said Our Lord's Holy Eucharist was a "Death cookie"

http://www.chick.com/m/reading/tracts/re...p?stk=0074

Do you honor the Blessed Virgin Mary? Here is what he says  to you:

http://www.chick.com/m/reading/tracts/re...p?stk=0040

Catholics suffered death from Protestants for these things.

He didn't lead people to God,but away from Him and His Church.

And yet you praise this vicious man as " not far from the Lord in His kingdom"..?

For the love of God, why is it so hard for Catholics to know the Faith?

(11-06-2016, 02:59 PM)voltape Wrote: Back in the 70’s when my children were teenagers, although many times I disagreed, I used to bring to them those Chick tracts.  Of course, I sort of “censored” them by eschewing those with exaggerate extraneous doctrines.    In particular, my son, now 46 and a father himself, remembers those tracts molded his beliefs.  Many of them explained clearly the essentials of Christianism.  My son learned by heart such essential verses for Christian life as “For God so loved the world that….”, or the “Behold, I am at the door and knock…” and ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment, and the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’…  Jesus said: on these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets. (Matt 22, 40).  Nothing else is necessary.  Shall any mortal dare challenge the Lord’s dictum?

I don't think one can truly "Love God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind" and hate His Church at the same time.  One can certainly be misinformed, and let's hope that's all he was, but I would think that in 92 years of life and several decades of publicly spreading misinformation someone would have tried to reach out to him to correct his errors- even as infected with modernism as the Church was throughout most of his life.
May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.
:pray: :pray: :pray:
(11-07-2016, 12:38 PM)Poche Wrote: May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.

You're making a mockery of this Catholic prayer. 

This man is not to be included in the souls of the faithful departed. Heretics are not a part of the Faithful departed.  Do you really not know this?

Pray that somehow God would have had mercy on his soul somehow if you want but The Faithful means something.  Do you really think Catholics and Heretics have the same Faith? 

(11-07-2016, 01:17 PM)BC Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 12:38 PM)Poche Wrote: May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.

You're making a mockery of this Catholic prayer. 

This man is not to be included in the souls of the faithful departed. Heretics are not a part of the Faithful departed.  Do you really not know this?

Pray that somehow God would have had mercy on his soul somehow if you want but The Faithful means something.  Do you really think Catholics and Heretics have the same Faith?

We never can know. Maybe in the secret of his heart there was a final conversion, an act of perfect contrition that we don't know about. 
(11-09-2016, 12:31 AM)Poche Wrote: We never can know. Maybe in the secret of his heart there was a final conversion, an act of perfect contrition that we don't know about.

Maybe. And that's why we don't judge anyone to be in hell. But, as the man was publicly a heretic, and a very anti-Catholic heretic at that, we can't number him among the faithful departed, either. It's one thing to privately pray for his soul; it's very much another to presume he secretly converted and was 'faithful', when his life showed us the opposite.
(11-09-2016, 11:19 AM)Paul Wrote:
(11-09-2016, 12:31 AM)Poche Wrote: We never can know. Maybe in the secret of his heart there was a final conversion, an act of perfect contrition that we don't know about.

Maybe. And that's why we don't judge anyone to be in hell. But, as the man was publicly a heretic, and a very anti-Catholic heretic at that, we can't number him among the faithful departed, either. It's one thing to privately pray for his soul; it's very much another to presume he secretly converted and was 'faithful', when his life showed us the opposite.

This.
(11-09-2016, 11:19 AM)Paul Wrote:

I pray for his soul because I would like for god to grant me a merciful judgment and also that everyone who hears of my death would pray for the repose of my soul.