Article: Pope, in interview, laments ‘rigidity’ of youth who prefer Latin Mass
What else is new? The older people are always complaining about the younger generation. They have been doing this for as long as I can remember.
Pope Francis has been calling traditionalists rigid, weak hearted and hypocrites since he became Pope. Lest we forget about the Pope Francis book of insults? His actions in traditionalist communities and politburo, or is it curia, clearly show his lack of support for traditionalists.

Perhaps it's time just treat Pope Francis as the crazy left wing uncle that wants to discuss climate change and the glories or communism, etc. Pay respect to the office, smile and stop engaging. We all either know, or know where to find, what it means to be Catholic and how to live our lives.
(11-12-2016, 12:36 AM)Poche Wrote: What else is new? The older people are always complaining about the younger generation. They have been doing this for as long as I can remember.

That's undoubtedly true. Francis is an older man whose own generation rejected things like scholasticism, devotionalism and the Latin Mass. He was young and idealist when the rewrite and reimagining of Catholicism was going on in full swing, not to mention he was a Jesuit under Pedro Arrupe and a Latin American at that. He cannot see that what he and his generation ( and arguably Paul VI, John Paul II and to a lesser extent Benedict XVI) rejected is something deeply meaningful for younger generations. It's not surprising.

I certainly wish he'd leave the tiny Latin Mass communities alone though, as they are already on the margins. For all his talk of the poor and the marginalized he seems to have no real concern for Roman Catholics attached to any older forms of Latin Lirurgy and piety.
(11-12-2016, 09:24 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote:
(11-12-2016, 12:36 AM)Poche Wrote: What else is new? The older people are always complaining about the younger generation. They have been doing this for as long as I can remember.

That's undoubtedly true. Francis is an older man whose own generation rejected things like scholasticism, devotionalism and the Latin Mass. He was young and idealist when the rewrite and reimagining of Catholicism was going on in full swing, not to mention he was a Jesuit under Pedro Arrupe and a Latin American at that. He cannot see that what he and his generation ( and arguably Paul VI, John Paul II and to a lesser extent Benedict XVI) rejected is something deeply meaningful for younger generations. It's not surprising.

I certainly wish he'd leave the tiny Latin Mass communities alone though, as they are already on the margins. For all his talk of the poor and the marginalized he seems to have no real concern for Roman Catholics attached to any older forms of Latin Lirurgy and piety.

It would seem that his understanding of who constitutes "the marginalized" fits more with the world's materialistic understanding of it than the Church's supernatural understanding of it.

He is not interested in the marginalized because they are marginalized

Don't take it lying down! Tweet him:  https://twitter.com/Pontifex

I did. I wrote something like, "Holiness, can you stop being so judgmental and rude to those who prefer the traditional Mass? You're being nasty. Why?"
(11-13-2016, 12:26 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Don't take it lying down! Tweet him:  https://twitter.com/Pontifex

I did. I wrote something like, "Holiness, can you stop being so judgmental and rude to those who prefer the traditional Mass? You're being nasty. Why?"

What did he say back?
(11-13-2016, 07:26 PM)randomtradguy Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 12:26 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Don't take it lying down! Tweet him:  https://twitter.com/Pontifex

What did he say back?
"Dig...dig deeper." ;)
(11-12-2016, 07:05 AM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: Pope Francis has been calling traditionalists rigid, weak hearted and hypocrites since he became Pope. Lest we forget about the Pope Francis book of insults? His actions in traditionalist communities and politburo, or is it curia, clearly show his lack of support for traditionalists.

Perhaps it's time just treat Pope Francis as the crazy left wing uncle that wants to discuss climate change and the glories or communism, etc. Pay respect to the office, smile and stop engaging. We all either know, or know where to find, what it means to be Catholic and how to live our lives.

I have noticed quite a bit of gratuitous hostility on the part of many "traditionalists." 
(11-14-2016, 12:24 AM)Poche Wrote:
(11-12-2016, 07:05 AM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: Pope Francis has been calling traditionalists rigid, weak hearted and hypocrites since he became Pope. Lest we forget about the Pope Francis book of insults? His actions in traditionalist communities and politburo, or is it curia, clearly show his lack of support for traditionalists.

I have noticed quite a bit of gratuitous hostility on the part of many "traditionalists." 

Given that in better orthodox times some wreckovator like Francis treading on holy Catholic doctrine would be drug out of the Vatican by his feet and thrown into the Tiber, a little gratuitous hostility is comparatively mild.
#MakeTheChurchRigidAgain