Article: Pope, in interview, laments ‘rigidity’ of youth who prefer Latin Mass
(11-14-2016, 12:24 AM)Poche Wrote:
(11-12-2016, 07:05 AM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: Pope Francis has been calling traditionalists rigid, weak hearted and hypocrites since he became Pope. Lest we forget about the Pope Francis book of insults? His actions in traditionalist communities and politburo, or is it curia, clearly show his lack of support for traditionalists.

Perhaps it's time just treat Pope Francis as the crazy left wing uncle that wants to discuss climate change and the glories or communism, etc. Pay respect to the office, smile and stop engaging. We all either know, or know where to find, what it means to be Catholic and how to live our lives.

I have noticed quite a bit of gratuitous hostility on the part of many "traditionalists."
What about the gratuitous hostility of the Pope toward us? 
(11-14-2016, 12:04 PM)Papist Wrote: #MakeTheChurchRigidAgain
#MOCRA
Make Our Church Rigid Again, need to make something that people can pronounce  :grin:
(11-14-2016, 12:24 AM)Poche Wrote: I have noticed quite a bit of gratuitous hostility on the part of many "traditionalists."

Hardly gratuitous, when the pope mocks those who actually believe what the Church teaches and are rigid enough to avoid being swayed by whatever heresy or immorality the world throws at us next.

Yes, there are often exceptions to many of the Church's teaching. It's okay to miss Mass on Sunday if you're too sick to go or have to care for someone who is. There's the principle of double effect when it comes to ectopic pregnancy and removing the fallopian tube knowing the child will die. And there are cases where someone who's divorced and remarried can receive the Sacraments, if they aren't committing sin, and provided there's no scandal. Or it's possible for a validly-baptised Protestant to avoid committing mortal sin and to lack sufficient knowledge of the Church to be guilty of the mortal sin of heresy, and thereby be saved.

But to focus on the exceptions, as the hierarchy have done since the Council, undermines the teaching. 'Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' tells those who aren't formally Catholic that they're in real danger of hell if they don't convert. Telling them, 'yes, we still teach that, but...' leads to complacency and confirms people in their sins.
(11-13-2016, 07:26 PM)randomtradguy Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 12:26 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Don't take it lying down! Tweet him:  https://twitter.com/Pontifex

I did. I wrote something like, "Holiness, can you stop being so judgmental and rude to those who prefer the traditional Mass? You're being nasty. Why?"

What did he say back?

Nothing. He's never responded to any of my tweets. But I think we traditional types need to keep on him and let him know we're out here, we're not rolling over, we're not shutting up, we're on to the "humility" act, and we're not stopping.
I'd like to ask this pope about old people and their rigidity in all things novel and Vatican Deux.

All they do is seek, seek, seek, seek...what are they seeking for?  God is in the Tabernacle, but yet they look into the skies or in the people to seek that which has always been present all along.  It's like they are neo-Pelagians...people who believe that when a soul is born, it is neither bad...nor good, but just a blank sheet; they need no baptism for salvation, as long as they do good, they can go to Heaven.  While it seems very open, they are so rigid about banning veils and Latin...why so rigid about keeping felt banners, rock bands, and old female communion ministers and hand-clapping.  So rigid, so lost.
(11-13-2016, 11:39 PM)richgr Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 07:26 PM)randomtradguy Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 12:26 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Don't take it lying down! Tweet him:  https://twitter.com/Pontifex

I did. I wrote something like, "Holiness, can you stop being so judgmental and rude to those who prefer the traditional Mass? You're being nasty. Why?"
What did he say back?
"Dig...dig deeper." ;)

There is a certain rigidity that new priests often have, but It goes away on its own with time and experience.  That kind of rigidity is normal for anyone starting something new.  It can get a little annoying, but it's not nearly as big of a problem as Pope Francis makes it out to be.
(11-14-2016, 07:02 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I'd like to ask this pope about old people and their rigidity in all things novel and Vatican Deux.

All they do is seek, seek, seek, seek...what are they seeking for?  God is in the Tabernacle, but yet they look into the skies or in the people to seek that which has always been present all along.  It's like they are neo-Pelagians...people who believe that when a soul is born, it is neither bad...nor good, but just a blank sheet; they need no baptism for salvation, as long as they do good, they can go to Heaven.  While it seems very open, they are so rigid about banning veils and Latin...why so rigid about keeping felt banners, rock bands, and old female communion ministers and hand-clapping.  So rigid, so lost.

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."  2 Tim 4:3-4
Pope Francis Wrote:Dig, dig . . .

. . . and you will find a Catholic soul, like a precious diamond, that supernaturally senses what is truly Catholic and responds accordingly.

Bishop Fellay has explained the positive response of young people to the traditional Latin Mass by positing it as the response of their baptized Catholic souls.
Mr. Pope, you aren't a "good" pope. It's not your job to please me but your "be nice" is rather pathetic. Your "progressive" nature is not something that inspires. Sure, you may get a small flock to join because "this pope is cool!" but you don't lay the foundations for a healthy, vibrant, intellectual church. In other words I think you're lame.
(11-14-2016, 12:11 PM)GangGreen Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 12:04 PM)Papist Wrote: #MakeTheChurchRigidAgain
#MOCRA
Make Our Church Rigid Again, need to make something that people can pronounce  :grin:

Make our Church holy by living in communion with Christ, present in the Blessed Sacrament.