Cor Jesu Sacratissimum - the Book
Going to X-post here something I just posted on my Facebook page.

As some of you know, I have another much bigger book coming out  with the same title as my website: Cor Jesu Sacratissimum ...

I wasn't going to say anything yet. Slightly embarrassed by the shameless self-promotion. However, I just posted something on Facebook which just might interest some Fishies too.

So ... X posted from my FB Wall, but very slightly edited ...

Just a little note in case some friends have wondered what happened to me (yet again).

... I got ill - nothing serious - ...

Meanwhile, my big book was slightly delayed. It should now be out next month for certain.

[Still] quite overwhelmed going through the very, very final proofs and creating an index.

Creating that index in itself is a potent experience.

I’ll briefly explain why …

Unlike The Gentle Traditionalist which was largely written in ten weeks, this book is eight years of my life, eight years of blood, sweat and tears.

Eight years written from 2008 to 2016 over four different countries - France, Spain, Britain and now Ireland.

The result, now typeset, amounts to 460 dense pages.

And so in going through these 460 pages and indexing them, I am _confronting_ the whole eight year process.

Some terms grabbed from my index - in no particular order - may give a little flavour of the book and everything I'm with now …

Belloc, Hilaire

Chesterton, GK

New Age Movement

Blavatsky, Helena P

Bailey, Alice,

Findhorn (New Age community),

Da Vinci Code, The,

Steiner, Rudolf

de Maistre, Joseph,

Vatican II

Globalization

Ireland

Rahner, Karl,

Tolkien, J.R.R.

Latin Mass

Lefebvre, Archbishop Marcel

French Revolution

French Hermeticism

de Valera, Éamon

Pearse, Patrick

Benedict XVI, Pope,

Péladan, Josephin

A Course in Miracles

Bugnini, Archbishop

Institute of Christ the King

Psychotherapy

Paray-le-Monial

Vendée, the

Sacré Coeur de Montmartre

Theosophy

Tomberg, Valentin

So ... something to please (or outrage) just about all my friends : - )
Hi Roger,
We're looking forward to reading it. Take your time, make it ready for release. So sayeth the readaholoic in the corner.  :LOL:
Far out. I look forward to its release.

BRILLIANT! Cannot WAIT to see what you've come up with! I just "know" it will be a great read, Roger!
Dahveed, Jeeter, Vox - thank you all. I appreciate it!

Now, in case anyone wants to know what the book is about, publisher is working on covers as we speak.  And there's a back cover text in progress that I can share here. Final version will probably be a bit edited, but here's the "rough cut":

"The Heart of the World is the beating Heart of the Church, the Cor Jesu Sacratissimum.

And yet that truth becomes ever more obscured in our modern age.

This book addresses many of the principle obscuring forces in our time  - such as the New Age movement, globalised secular culture born of the Enlightenment, the often-hidden legacy of Protestantism in the Anglo-American world and, perhaps most pitiful of all, the liberal excesses in the Church Herself, unleashed after Vatican II.

The book also details the personal journey of a Catholic convert, once utterly submerged in the New Age, who found liberation in Catholic Tradition.

Drawing on his intimate and extensive knowledge of all things New Age, Roger Buck unveils the Eastern origins and dynamics of this neopagan movement in a frank, explicit way that goes far beyond what most Christian and Catholic books ever say on the subject.

The author confronts head-on the apparent death of Christianity in the West.

Because, increasingly, he argues, Westerners face a tragic choice between either Secular Materialism or a vague post-Christian New Age spirituality that, subtly and insidiously, de-personalizes what is truly human and destroys hope.

The only answer, he contends, entails restoring not only Catholic culture, but also the spirituality of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, born in France at the cusp of modernity.

Lastly, the book owes an unusual debt to the Catholic thinkers Valentin Tomberg and Hilaire Belloc, as well as the author’s own experience of living in France and Ireland - all of which are explored in this very personal cry from the heart: a cry for Christendom renewed."

To add just a bit more ...

Basically I think of my first book The Gentle Traditionalist as the "comic book" version of this one which is much bigger, more in-depth and more serious. So it doesn't have all the silly jokes that TGT does.  :)

But it's basically the same territory: secularism, political correctness, New Age insanity and the need to restore Catholic tradition.

Like TGT, this book also has a lot on Ireland. But it also goes massively into France and the French Counter Revolution with people like de Maistre.

Thus, the publisher (Angelico Press) is getting a great cover together of the Sacré Coeur de Montmartre ...

No idea what happened here. Seem to have accidentally posted something I can't delete - only change ...
Fish Eaters "world premiere" of my new book cover  :)

Forgive my silliness ... and anyway it's only the "world premiere" of the front and back complete, for, as some of you may know, the front cover only went up on my blog.

Anyway, I'm thrilled and hope others like it too.

[Image: Cor-Jesu-Roger-Buck.jpg]

Grateful for any comments as to how the cover strikes people ...

I like it. I like the ligatures and such in the typeface, too. Do you yet have a release date, if I may ask?
Thank you so much Dahveed!

And I'm sorry - because, somehow, I didn't see - until now - that you had responded.

Anyway, to answer your question, the book is now out at Amazon.

This global link will take you or anyone else to their nearest Amazon:    myBook.to/CorJesu

PS. There was a production glitch that was slowing things down. But it now seems to be sorted. At least in America. It might still be a bit slower in Europe (??) - but it can be ordered everywhere now and I expection this glitch to be completely sorted everywhere soon.

I'm interested in why/how you chose the Sacré Cœur basilica for the cover photo?  The last time my wife and I were in Paris, we stayed in the 18th arrondissement/montmartre.  We walked up  to Sacré Cœur once or twice.  The basilica itself is amazing.  But the crowds outside, once the sun starts going down?  Hold on to your wallets!  :O