Cor Jesu Sacratissimum - the Book

(01-03-2017, 01:59 AM)mlwalker1972 Wrote: Hello Roger :)

I wanted to let you know that I read your book, The Gentle Traditionalist, over the weekend.  It was very good!  I am tempted to keep extra copies on hand for those secularists whom I encounter at work.  I was once branded as "Super Catholic, with a Capital C on my chest' by a atheist friend of mine, whom I really like, but we never have seen eye-to-eye.  I think your book will go a long way to explaining the Catholic view of the world for people like my friend!

I look forward to your next book, Cor Jesu Sacratissimum.

God bless,
-Martin

Well, Martin, many, many thanks for these multiple kindnesses in your two posts. I am also thrilled if you can lend copies to secularists! This is what I so want - for that book to not just be "preaching to the choir".

I am sorry I took so long to reply - as I just said to formerbuddhist I went completely offline for a number of days over Christmastide and am only catching up with FE now!

(01-03-2017, 01:13 PM)Jeeter Wrote:
(12-28-2016, 02:28 PM)Roger Buck Wrote: First, I call The Gentle Traditionalist  the "comic book" version of Cor Jesu.

By any chance, do you have a "1st Reader" version of the comic book version for folks like me? :P

I've been following this thread, and noticed it on Amazon today.  Next paycheck...

Belated, but warm thanks for this, Jeeter. I am sure you will find TGT very easy when you can afford it. God bless you for this kind support ...

Well, I got my copy of Roger's latest book! While I haven't had time to read it all yet, what I have read is -- well, it's just so very WELL-WRITTEN. It's in a very different style than his brilliant and important "The Gentle Traditionalist" (which was also very well-written, and such an easy read), but I am so impressed by his ability with words. (Plus, in the Acknowledgments, he mentions FishEaters, so how can I not love this book? LOL)

Seriously though, I'm very much looking forward to reading the rest of this tome -- and a tome it is, at 464 pages. Roger's told me that he thought that this book might not have as large of an audience as The Gentle Traditionalist since this book gets into New Age thinking quite a bit, but I told him, and believe, obviously, that New Age thinking is pretty much the "religion" of our time and that, therefore, anyone living in the West would likely get quite a bit from this book.  Just think of the Oprah mentality that is so prevalent these days! That's all New Age nonsense, and this book will break it all down. Can't wait to see how he goes about it!
Well, thank you so much Vox. Your support and evident belief in what I'm trying to do means a very great deal to me indeed.

Re:

(01-10-2017, 07:08 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: a tome it is, at 464 pages. Roger's told me that he thought that this book might not have as large of an audience as The Gentle Traditionalist since this book gets into New Age thinking quite a bit, but I told him, and believe, obviously, that New Age thinking is pretty much the "religion" of our time and that, therefore, anyone living in the West would likely get quite a bit from this book.  Just think of the Oprah mentality that is so prevalent these days! That's all New Age nonsense, and this book will break it all down. Can't wait to see how he goes about it!

Yes, I do try to "break it all down", as you put it, arguing that it far, far more Eastern in origin, whilst I try to deconstruct its claims to be universalist, claims which completely whitewash its Eastern origins.

Oprah, who you mention, is only in the book briefly with her approbation of Eckhart Tolle, a very Eastern thinker, but again claiming he's not Eastern, but rather "universalist".

However, I pray the book will help people to see the all kinds of people these days - not just Oprah - are spouting Eastern concepts, often whilst being completely unconscious of the fact!

People are being turned into quasi-Buddhists with no idea that is the case!

This Eastern invasion of the West - disguised as a supposedly universal spirituality - is a very, very serious problem and, alas, I don't see many Trads grappling with it, indeed many Catholics at all.

So yes I felt there was a need for a book that "broke it all down" so as to be much more easily understood.

At the same time, I can understand why many will not easily be enthused about reading so much on the New Age.

For that reason I will just re-iterate that the New Age is NOT the only one theme of the book. There's also a great about secularism, the post-Vatican II disease in the Church and a lot about Counter Revolution and the aspiration towards renewing Christendom.

This last is both historical - mainly regarding France and Ireland - but it's also tied in with trying to ask what Counter-Revolution and renewing Christendom still mean to us today ...
Just purchased the book. Very much looking forward to reading it.
Well, many thanks richgr - and thank you, too, for letting me know. I hope you appreciate it and should you see fit to say anything regarding it here,  I shall appreciate that too.

I will also mention that people  can now see more of the book at Amazon, because the  "Look Inside" feature, which wasn't there at the beginning, has now been added.

A look at both the contents and/or index should give people a better idea now about the book.

Global link to your nearest Amazon here if you want to see: myBook.to/CorJesu
I've only lately realised - but my my book has already appeared on Kindle!

That said, this is NOT a book I would personally want to read from a screen. For me, this kind of book demands paper.

However, I appreciate that at $9.83 it's a lot cheaper than the big paperback at $21.95.

So, I thought I would announce the Kindle is out and you can find it here ... myBook.to/CorJesu
Received the book several weeks ago.  Unfortunately, I haven't had a ton of time for reading.  And it is a much denser read than "The Gentle Traditionalist." (But I was well aware of that before I bought it, so no surprises here.)  Just got half way through it.  Finished the first part, now about to start the second part.  :)
Many thanks for letting me know, Bonaventure!

It's a big meal of a book, I know, and whilst some people have already wolfed it down quickly, more I suspect are taking their time with it.

Also, I think the second half is more likely to appeal to many Fisheaters, possibly including yourself - where I go much more into traditional themes such as the crisis in the Church, Christendom and the Catholic Counter Revolution after 1789.

As you know know, the first half is very heavily about the New Age and the "Easternisation of the West".

And whilst I obviously believe that it is very important that Trads do grapple with this very grave issue, I wonder if some people will tend to think the good stuff is in the second half!

Anyway, thank you so very much again for your interest and support.
Well, I'm slightly embarrassed to say I'm reviving this so shamelessly self-promotional thread.

But a few people here have told me they've either appreciated the book or are still appreciating as they read it and I wanted to say I am very open for any public discussion if anyone would like that.

Will also say I know this is a BIG book - 482 pages! - and there's a lot to get through. A few people seem to have wolfed it down (including a Novus Ordo priest who said he read it at ONE sitting, staying up till something like 4 in the morning!)

But I appreciate with most people it is much, much slower. Anyway some people are finishing it now and good reviews are appearing in print and online. There's a number now at the American Amazon page, in particular, which I will give here in case anyone is interested:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1621382311/