Pope Francis: John the Baptist Doubted?
From Church Militant:

Can Bergoglio EVER open his mouth without nonsense coming out of it, without truly scandalizing people, without mocking the faithful and the Faith itself? Christ have MERCY!

I believe his tactic is to bring all teachings of the church into question in order to create a new world religion. What will be attacked next ?
Sadly the priest at my parish said the same exact thing 2 weeks ago.  Needless to say I sent him the Haydock commentary on the readings to correct him.

It's not just a Pope Francis thing.
(12-19-2016, 07:48 PM)Eric F Wrote:                                                     I believe his tactic is to bring all teachings of the church into question in order to create a new world religion. What will be attacked next ?

Could be anything! Seriously, guys, TWEET him:  https://twitter.com/Pontifex  If you don't have a Twitter account, set one up just to tweet the Pope when he does stuff like this. We have to fight back against this madness. Every time he pulls one of these stunts, don't do nothing; let him know you're angry about it. At least we can make sure he knows that we faithful Catholics are on to what he's doing.
(12-19-2016, 08:05 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Sadly the priest at my parish said the same exact thing 2 weeks ago.  Needless to say I sent him the Haydock commentary on the readings to correct him.

Thanks for correcting him, for not taking this nonsense lying down!
(12-19-2016, 08:07 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(12-19-2016, 08:05 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Sadly the priest at my parish said the same exact thing 2 weeks ago.  Needless to say I sent him the Haydock commentary on the readings to correct him.

Thanks for correcting him, for not taking this nonsense lying down!

Apparently he left a VM on my mom's phone (I didn't update my records) and he was stuttering and trying to explain he didn't say what he said.  My mom said he sounded very upset.  I feel bad, I got on his case last time when he allowed a layperson deliver the homily in Spanish during the dreaded "Spanish Mass" and didn't offer any followup in English. 

I don't want him to feel like I'm singling him out or picking on him...I mean it's very difficult for me to do this, it really is a terrifying thing for me to write an email to a priest and tell him he's wrong (I'm not as brave as some others) but I do like him.  He does have passion and I do care about him and I want to make sure that he does right by the laity.

Any advice I would appreciate.
Oy vey. I thought the homily we got about how John the Baptist stuck his nose where it didn't belong and made assumptions, and that's what got him into trouble (he should have minded his own business, in other words) was bad... but this one is worse!

(what is it about John the Baptist that 2000 years later still gets people's underwear in a tizzy?)
(12-19-2016, 08:16 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Apparently he left a VM on my mom's phone (I didn't update my records) and he was stuttering and trying to explain he didn't say what he said.  My mom said he sounded very upset.  I feel bad, I got on his case last time when he allowed a layperson deliver the homily in Spanish during the dreaded "Spanish Mass" and didn't offer any followup in English. 

I don't want him to feel like I'm singling him out or picking on him...I mean it's very difficult for me to do this, it really is a terrifying thing for me to write an email to a priest and tell him he's wrong (I'm not as brave as some others) but I do like him.  He does have passion and I do care about him and I want to make sure that he does right by the laity.

Any advice I would appreciate.

Awww... Sounds like he doesn't intend to spread any error, that he was failed by his seminary teachers or something. Alas.

As to advice, maybe just saying what you say above -- that you're not trying to single him out or make his life hard, that you LIKE him and care about him, etc., that you admire his passion -- and being kind to him while approaching him with a sense of humility and appreciation is the thing to do. I am glad, though, that you're -- I won't use the phrase "calling him out" since he doesn't seem to intend anything nefarious -- that you're -- I guess "teaching" him is the phrase I want. Maybe getting him some books that cover things he screws up on, supplementing what he learned or was mistaught in seminary, might help (and giving him the gift of books will demonstrate that you like him and aren't out to "get" him in any way)...And, of course, praying for him always helps.
I don't know, I haven't listened to the video sermon, but I think that John the Baptist is a VERY interesting character:

He was Jesus' cousin and was said to have accompanied the Holy Family on their journey to Egypt. After all, John was only a few months older than Jesus and would have been hunted down by Herod's soldiers too. Elizabeth would certainly have been alerted by Joseph or Mary's parents. Then there is the fact, that throughout all of Judea, there would have been no other boys of Jesus' and John's age, especially in Galilee (or perhaps even in Nazareth) where they grew up. They would have stood out over the years and certainly, Jesus and John may have even grown up together, so they couldn't have been strangers. The 'questioning' of John, was most likely for his followers clarification, not John's. John knew who Jesus was, but the disciples of John may not have or, another possibility is that there could have been knock off 'Jesus' types around and with John in prison, he couldn't verify who it was that he was hearing about.

Interesting stuff.