How should I handle this situation?
At church this evening, I told one of the priests at my parish that I was enrolled in the Brown Scapular a while back and asked if I could pray the Rosary daily, instead of the Little Office, to obtain the Sabbatine Privilege. I'm not sure if he understood my request because he asked me if I had lost my Brown Scapular. I told him no, that I had it on, but I needed his permission in order to substitute the Rosary for the Little Office. Something about how he said yes seemed like he didn't completely understand. Does a priest's permission still qualify, so to speak, under these circumstances?
Similar thing happened to me when I was enrolled by a Novus Ordo priest. He didn't really know what he was doing, but I had the prayers ready for him. And I asked his permission to substitute the Rosary just as you did, with similar response.

So I pray the Rosary everyday to meet the obligation. I think the permission qualifies. We can't be culpable for priests not knowing about Catholic stuff. You tried and obtained permission.
Same here. I printed the prayers, brought them to Monsignor, who gladly obliged. I think he was in  his nineties then, and hadn't done the enrollment in quite awhile. But I was given permission, and had been enrolled, so off I went. I think, In His Love, you should be fine with praying the rosary, given the circumstances.
This may be a silly question, but why would one replace the Little Office with the Rosary?
(01-15-2017, 08:13 PM)Jeeter Wrote: This may be a silly question, but why would one replace the Little Office with the Rosary?
In my case, I have no clue how to pray the Little Office, whereas I pray the Rosary all the time.
(01-15-2017, 08:20 PM)In His Love Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 08:13 PM)Jeeter Wrote: This may be a silly question, but why would one replace the Little Office with the Rosary?
In my case, I have no clue how to pray the Little Office, whereas I pray the Rosary all the time.

Thanks. And disregard my question. I was confusing the Scapular Prayer with the Little Office. I do things like that when I'm tired...
Perhaps y'all aught to seek out a Carmelite (CMI) Priest, as I thankfully have at my Parish. They seem more in tune with all things Marian.
The permission still exists. However many people (Including priests) don't understand these rules. I would let it go. 
Thank you all for your feedback. :)