It would be ‘suicidal’ if pope taught that conscience trumps Revelation
                                                                              ROME, January 17, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) — It would be equivalent to a “suicidal act” and “cutting the ground from under his feet” if the pope were to teach that conscience is the ultimate guide in moral matters, trumping even Catholic teaching as well as Divine Revelation, Cardinal Carlo Caffarra, one of the dubia signers, said in an explosive new interview.  https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cardin...er-we-sent

When I hear recent comments from Cardinals Caffarra and Burke, and Bishop Schneider, it gives me hope for the future, which look's pretty dark of late.
(01-18-2017, 09:11 PM)Eric F Wrote: ROME, January 17, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) — It would be equivalent to a “suicidal act” and “cutting the ground from under his feet” if the pope were to teach that conscience is the ultimate guide in moral matters, trumping even Catholic teaching as well as Divine Revelation, Cardinal Carlo Caffarra, one of the dubia signers, said in an explosive new interview.  https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cardin...er-we-sent

When I hear recent comments from Cardinals Caffarra and Burke, and Bishop Schneider, it gives me hope for the future, which look's pretty dark of late.

Perhaps the Cardinal meant, but did not want to say in too few words, that such a teaching would be heresy.  We really need to be praying (and keep praying) for the Church.  May God deliver us soon from these days of confusion.
A well formed conscience and revelation go hand in hand. However in moral acts conscience reigns supreme. I would never ask anyone to violate their conscience. 
(01-19-2017, 01:00 AM)Poche Wrote: A well formed conscience and revelation go hand in hand. However in moral acts conscience reigns supreme. I would never ask anyone to violate their conscience.
What about a person whose conscience is not well-formed? What about a woman who's been duped into thinking that aborting a Down Syndrome baby is better for the child and their conscience says to kill them?
(01-19-2017, 01:36 AM)In His Love Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 01:00 AM)Poche Wrote: A well formed conscience and revelation go hand in hand. However in moral acts conscience reigns supreme. I would never ask anyone to violate their conscience.
What about a person whose conscience is not well-formed? What about a woman who's been duped into thinking that aborting a Down Syndrome baby is better for the child and their conscience says to kill them?
It is not for us to judge the other people. In the case of the woman who has been duped that is exactly that. She has been duped. We should pray for her. If at all possible try to convince her that she is very mistaken. Her conscience, although erroneous still reigns supreme.