The High Counsel hath forbidden thy Roman Rite!
We have been having a push in my local parish to establish a TLM.  Now, we have gotten Father's approval, he will allow it, so everything should be fine and dandy.  However, there has been a group of people in the parish, about three, maybe more, who have influential positions in the parish council, and they want to forbid it.

So now it comes to a point where we have to present our case to father and to the council as to whether or not we have one.  All I need is talking points, facts, statistics etc. that can help me and the others who want the mass to demonstrate that it is good, and that we have a legitimate right to have it.

Thanks to everyone for their answers, and (prayers!!)
Here's from Summorum Pontificum

Art. 5, §1  In parishes where a group of the faithful attached to the previous liturgical tradition stably exists, the parish priest should willingly accede to their requests to celebrate Holy Mass according to the rite of the 1962 Roman Missal.  He should ensure that the good of these members of the faithful is harmonized with the ordinary pastoral care of the parish, under the governance of the bishop in accordance with Canon 392, avoiding discord and favouring the unity of the whole Church.

Art. 7.  If a group of the lay faithful, as mentioned in Art. 5, §1, has not been granted its requests by the parish priest, it should inform the diocesan bishop.  The bishop is earnestly requested to satisfy their desire.  If he does not wish to provide for such celebration, the matter should be referred to the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei.

BTW, Canon 392 is this:
Quote:Can. 392 §1. Since he must protect the unity of the universal Church, a bishop is bound to promote the common discipline of the whole Church and therefore to urge the observance of all ecclesiastical laws.

§2. He is to exercise vigilance so that abuses do not creep into ecclesiastical discipline, especially regarding the ministry of the word, the celebration of the sacraments and sacramentals, the worship of God and the veneration of the saints, and the administration of goods.

The only thing that I could see that would shoot it down is if they say that by having a Latin Mass it would sow discord in the parish somehow. No church council should have a say unless they somehow think that having an extra Mass would have a greatly negative financial impact on the church. If the priest is OK with it, the council should keep their mouths closed.
The priest has power to transubstantiate bread and wine into Our Lord, but need permission from a couple lay folks to offer Mass in a traditional, and more respectful manner.  Oh the irony. :crazy: :eyeroll:

I'd start with Benedict XVI's Summorum Pontificum. 

Then perhaps mention my comment above. :P
It is silly that this is going to happen, but Father is a bit timid and I think he presupposes the council has authority in the parish, which they don't, he does.  I will share Summorum Pontificum and tell him that they cannot bully him into submission.
Father needs to be a Father, not a mother  :eyeroll:
(01-19-2017, 12:15 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: It is silly that this is going to happen, but Father is a bit timid and I think he presupposes the council has authority in the parish, which they don't, he does.  I will share Summorum Pontificum and tell him that they cannot bully him into submission.

Then tell him to grow a pair
If you have to make a presentation to the parish council make your presentation based on unity with the Holy Father.
We made our presentation, and were "granted" a six month trial-run , only the the first Saturdays of the month.  Got the typical liberal modernist garbage that new is better, Vatican 2 was great, no one will understand because it is Latin (worst complaint ever, pick 10 people at random in any novus ordo parish in the world and ask them what just happened and I guarantee they will look at you stary eyed) at that we don't want to offend or drive away parishioners.  We managed to not get too polemical and stayed pretty civil!

But in the end, the council said we can use "their church", and we will revisit in 6 months whether to continue or not
Now advertise and begin inviting as many people as you can to come to these and make them as beautiful as you can. Offer educational resources and maybe even have presentations to explain the Mass or watch videos on it. Maybe by the time the six months are up, there will be so many people that it can't be ignored, but you need to actively promote it.
Interesting that the article from CA (which I also thought was excellent) would seem to conflict with what other people within CA are saying in attempts to say that everything is OK.

http://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.ph...nt-answers